Who is in which cabin - aunts kids etc

hnthomps

Mouseketeer
I know this has been addressed, and I just can't find the thread. If someone can link it, that's fine too.
We (2 adults 2 kids) are going on the Fantasy this spring. We are in a family verandah cabin, and my sister-in-law booked the adjoining family verandah cabin (on a separate reservation) for just her.
I just realized, somewhat belatedly, that it would likely be cheaper for ... everyone... if one of us moved into her cabin.
Am I right? is it is easier if it's one of the adults so we don't have to get permission slips for the kid? Muster stations for adjoining cabins are presumably the same? Can we still do this, even though PIF is coming up soon? How much money is it really? We all booked opening day - does that matter?
thanks!

I know this has been addressed, and I just can't find the thread. If someone can link it, that's fine too.
We (2 adults 2 kids) are going on the Fantasy this spring. We are in a family verandah cabin, and my sister-in-law booked the adjoining family verandah cabin (on a separate reservation) for just her.
I just realized, somewhat belatedly, that it would likely be cheaper for ... everyone... if one of us moved into her cabin.
Am I right? is it is easier if it's one of the adults so we don't have to get permission slips for the kid? Muster stations for adjoining cabins are presumably the same? Can we still do this, even though PIF is coming up soon? How much money is it really? We all booked opening day - does that matter?
thanks!

You can still do this as long as you do it before PIF. Your SIL is essentially paying for two people in her room even though it is just her so there could be savings. There are a couple issues at play. One is that the new person added to your SIL's room now will be charged the prevailing rate rather than what the rate was when you booked on opening day, even though she was originally being charged for douple occupancy when it was just her in the room. If the cost of the cruise has risen a lot, that will impact the amount of savings. Also, by moving one adult into her room, one of your kids will now be charged the adult rate as the second person in the room rather than the lower child rate. Best way to find out the total financial impact would be to call DCL and ask.

Adjoining staterooms can have the same muster station, but it is very possible for adjoining staterooms to have two different muster stations. (And adjoining just means two staterooms next to one another. Connecting staterooms are the ones that have a door in between the two rooms. But even two connecting staterooms can be in different muster stations.)

You can still do this as long as you do it before PIF. Your SIL is essentially paying for two people in her room even though it is just her so there could be savings. There are a couple issues at play. One is that the new person added to your SIL's room now will be charged the prevailing rate rather than what the rate was when you booked on opening day, even though she was originally being charged for douple occupancy when it was just her in the room. If the cost of the cruise has risen a lot, that will impact the amount of savings. Also, by moving one adult into her room, one of your kids will now be charged the adult rate as the second person in the room rather than the lower child rate. Best way to find out the total financial impact would be to call DCL and ask.

Adjoining staterooms can have the same muster station, but it is very possible for adjoining staterooms to have two different muster stations. (And adjoining just means two staterooms next to one another. Connecting staterooms are the ones that have a door in between the two rooms. But even two connecting staterooms can be in different muster stations.)
Thank you, and to clarify - I did mean connecting. I wrote adjoining, but they are also connecting. This is helpful -- it looks like the rates have gone up a bit, but not a ton. A category 4E is available online for only about $500 more than what we booked our 4A for on opening day. So there should be savings.

Good point about the child counting as adult.

Also, if, for example, you move to youre sister's room, you will have to sign permission forms to take your kids off the ship. Should be a no-brainer, as I assume you'll be doing things as a family anyway, but that will still have to be done, as you will no longer be in the same room as your kids.

I don't know for sure if you'll be charged a prevailing rate for moving, since you're already on the ship. Certainly an added person would be charged prevailing rate, though. Just remember to never use the word "CANCEL". You're "MOVING" not cancelling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter