Who is going in December 2022??

My
Starting to believe our trip might actually happen this time so I’ll take the chance and post here! This was our planned March 2020 trip, which I’ve rescheduled at least twice before now and had to cancel. We’re coming from Canada so our original Canadian resident tickets are finally approaching their much extended expiry.

If all goes well we’ll be in the park in just over two weeks. We have 3 park days booked, and are hoping we can ride most things and also take in some of the holiday events, food, and decorations. Party of 5 (me and my spouse, our 2 kids, and my mom) plus meeting up with my sister’s family for a day.

WDW vets, pre-covid, but first time to DL for everyone but my mom—and her trip there was many decades ago.
My fingers are crossed for you! Our trip is less than two weeks away and I'm very scared it may not happen. RSV, hand, foot and mouth, and that flu are all going around like crazy in our area. One school district had 25% of students out sick last week. I am so scared one of us will get sick and need to cancel. Nothing I can do about it except worry though.

My

My fingers are crossed for you! Our trip is less than two weeks away and I'm very scared it may not happen. RSV, hand, foot and mouth, and that flu are all going around like crazy in our area. One school district had 25% of students out sick last week. I am so scared one of us will get sick and need to cancel. Nothing I can do about it except worry though.
I hope you all stay healthy!

Our area has been hard hit too, I’m a substitute teacher and have seen classes with up to 2/3 of kids absent. Flu has really taken off here in the last week or two, and it seems like an especially vicious strain this year.

We’ve all been wearing our masks and so far, so good, but it definitely is something I worry about too.

We are supposed to leave on Friday and I am extra stressed. Everyone is so sick! The mom of the girl we're taking with us is super sick, we've had so many kids out from schools in the area. My friends and coworkers have been sick. It's mainly the flu sprinkled with RSV or hand, foot, mouth here and there.

My husband is sick of hearing me stress over it so I came here to stress. We are pumping ourselves full of vitamins to see if we can stay healthy but I feel like it's just a matter of time.

My fingers and toes are crossed that we stay healthy and get to go on this much anticipated trip.

We are supposed to leave on Friday and I am extra stressed. Everyone is so sick! The mom of the girl we're taking with us is super sick, we've had so many kids out from schools in the area. My friends and coworkers have been sick. It's mainly the flu sprinkled with RSV or hand, foot, mouth here and there.

My husband is sick of hearing me stress over it so I came here to stress. We are pumping ourselves full of vitamins to see if we can stay healthy but I feel like it's just a matter of time.

My fingers and toes are crossed that we stay healthy and get to go on this much anticipated trip.
I have everything crossed for you!!! So many bugs going around near us too.. my grandson is just getting over a cold thankfully he's almost over it so hopefully he will be good when we fly out on Saturday.. Stress away over here.. my husband is tired of hearing about all of my stressing lol... packing, hotels transfers..

I know how you feel! We’ve been healthy in our house but part of me just knows our luck will run out right in time for our trip.

I’m mostly trying to focus on what I can control: plenty of sleep, trying to eat well and get some fresh air and activity, wearing our masks indoors, up to date on vaccines, hand washing, etc. Also packing all the sanitizer and wipes for the plane, etc. Hopefully if we encounter germs we’ll be primed to fight them off.

My big kid had a runny nose this morning and it crossed my mind that if we are going to get sick we should do it now, with over a week before our flight. (Still would rather avoid it all completely though!)

Hoping for good health for everyone!

We will be there December 14-18th...I'm trying to plan for outfits. What are you all planning? Is a short sleeve shirt and leggings sufficient for daytime with a jacket or sweatshirt at night? Or that time of year is it more common to need a sweatshirt during the day?

We will be there December 14-18th...I'm trying to plan for outfits. What are you all planning? Is a short sleeve shirt and leggings sufficient for daytime with a jacket or sweatshirt at night? Or that time of year is it more common to need a sweatshirt during the day?
What climate do you live in? Southwest folks don't do as well with short-sleeves as those who will come from colder areas. But if you're used to cold, and it's sunny, it'll feel too warm in a sweatshirt during the day. Layers are wise.

What climate do you live in? Southwest folks don't do as well with short-sleeves as those who will come from colder areas. But if you're used to cold, and it's sunny, it'll feel too warm in a sweatshirt during the day. Layers are wise.
Southeast MO…we’ve been in California during the summer and LOVED it bc it wasn’t hot and muggy but maybe we need to stick to long sleeves since the humidity isn’t there. We were swimming at WDW last Christmas! 😂

Southeast MO…we’ve been in California during the summer and LOVED it bc it wasn’t hot and muggy but maybe we need to stick to long sleeves since the humidity isn’t there. We were swimming at WDW last Christmas! 😂
You'll probably be fine in short-sleeves most of the daytime (assuming it's the more common dry/sunny day)! The sun really does make it feel warmer than you'd think.

I'm a MO native too, and we lived in the mid-Atlantic for years. Been there, done that, with the winter pool time LOL! One time, we added a couple days at Legoland in SD when we were out west visiting family, and I was carrying everyone's sweatshirts by like 9:00am. The dew hadn't even dried off the rides in the shadier areas, but we were warm anytime we were in the sun!

Dropping Blue Bayou Fantasmic first show at 12:50 on 12/18 for 4. Let me know if anyone wants to coordinate.

I’m here now and wish I brought warmer things. Bought a touque, fleece, spirit jersey and gloves because I did not bring warm enough things. Yesterday was cooler than today but it really cools off at night. And I’m Canadian and used to -30C winters. When the sun is out short sleeves are okay. My suggestion is wear layers.

So close! We fly out tomorrow night. I'm caught up at work, packed, and ready to go now! My 9 year old daughter hasn't watched a single Christmas Disneyland video on YouTube because she wants to be surprised by the decorations. The last time she was there for the holidays was for her 1st birthday. This trip is for her 10th. We are Halloween or spring visitors for the past 9 years so this will be a nice change of scenery. I think she is going to be very happy with the gorgeous decorations. I remember my first time going in December. It was 2004 and I remember how magical it all felt, even more magical than normal.

So close! We fly out tomorrow night. I'm caught up at work, packed, and ready to go now! My 9 year old daughter hasn't watched a single Christmas Disneyland video on YouTube because she wants to be surprised by the decorations. The last time she was there for the holidays was for her 1st birthday. This trip is for her 10th. We are Halloween or spring visitors for the past 9 years so this will be a nice change of scenery. I think she is going to be very happy with the gorgeous decorations. I remember my first time going in December. It was 2004 and I remember how magical it all felt, even more magical than normal.
Love this!!! Have a great trip!!!!!

Well today has been very interesting. Alaska cancelled our flights leaving Seattle at 650, they notified me at 1130. I sat on hold and they couldn't do anything for me. The flights were automatically rebooked for tomorrow night, the two 9 year olds on a flight two hours earlier than the flight they booked me on. I spend an absolute fortune and rebooked on Delta, we are in SLC right now waiting for our flight to SNA to board. I have never been this stressed about a vacation. I will also always buy insurance going forward. Delta was amazing I've had a glass of wine, he game me one extra for the road, and they made sure I got to sit with my girls on the second flight even though I wasn't able to select seats.

This is my second cancelled flight from Alaska and two other have been delayed recently. I have flown them exclusively since 1993 when I was 13 years old because it's what my parents have always flown. The flight wasn't delayed because of weather but another issue. They refunded me but aren't giving me anything extra for what I had to pay Delta for a same day flight. Thankfully I was able to book a new flight, there has been times in my life I would have just been screwed. Anyway this was a long post, much longer than I thought it would be.

My fingers and toes are crossed we leave on time here since it's already been a very long day. On a side note, holy moly the SLC airport is nice!

Well today has been very interesting. Alaska cancelled our flights leaving Seattle at 650, they notified me at 1130. I sat on hold and they couldn't do anything for me. The flights were automatically rebooked for tomorrow night, the two 9 year olds on a flight two hours earlier than the flight they booked me on. I spend an absolute fortune and rebooked on Delta, we are in SLC right now waiting for our flight to SNA to board. I have never been this stressed about a vacation. I will also always buy insurance going forward. Delta was amazing I've had a glass of wine, he game me one extra for the road, and they made sure I got to sit with my girls on the second flight even though I wasn't able to select seats.

This is my second cancelled flight from Alaska and two other have been delayed recently. I have flown them exclusively since 1993 when I was 13 years old because it's what my parents have always flown. The flight wasn't delayed because of weather but another issue. They refunded me but aren't giving me anything extra for what I had to pay Delta for a same day flight. Thankfully I was able to book a new flight, there has been times in my life I would have just been screwed. Anyway this was a long post, much longer than I thought it would be.

My fingers and toes are crossed we leave on time here since it's already been a very long day. On a side note, holy moly the SLC airport is nice!
I’m so sorry this happened to you. I dont know the rules in flying within the states but I know in Canada they do have to rebook uou on the next flight no matter who it is worth. Of course I’m sure it’s not that easy etc

Have a great trip!!! Enjoy your wine you deserve it!!

Oh, kikismom, I'm so sorry!! That's a terrible experience and certainly not the fun start to a DL trip with your kids that you anticipated. I really hope you get some generous sprinkles of pixie dust and have a fantastic time!

Oh, kikismom, I'm so sorry!! That's a terrible experience and certainly not the fun start to a DL trip with your kids that you anticipated. I really hope you get some generous sprinkles of pixie dust and have a fantastic time!
Well we made it to Orange County! At the hotel by the airport and will head to DLR in the morning. The girls were troopers, only were cranky for a minute or 10! Melatonin for all and off to sleep hopefully.

On a side note, holy moly the SLC airport is nice!

Yes off topic but the new SLC airport is built adjacent to where the old one was. This was an unexpected, strange twist to the pandemic. So many fewer people were traveling it allowed them to work on larger sections without disrupting air traffic. At one point they were two years and $300 million ahead on the new airport, not sure if that’s still true.

The full new airport won’t be finished for a few more years though. They are currently working on “phase two” of the project.

I am so sorry about the rough start to your trip!! I hope it turns around!

Last edited:
Yes off topic but the new SLC airport is built adjacent to where the old one was. This was an unexpected, strange twist to the pandemic. So many fewer people were traveling it allowed them to work on larger sections without disrupting air traffic. At one point they were two years and $300 million ahead on the new airport, not sure if that’s still true.

The full new airport won’t be finished for a few more years though. They are currently working on “phase two” of the project.

I am so sorry about the rough start to your trip!! I hope it turns around!
Flew in and out of SLC airport in October. It's absolutely gorgeous, but NOT a fun place to fly in and out of if you're not in the main terminal.

My mom wanted to see our old hometown of Logan. We flew from Medford to SLC on a smaller plane, which meant we were in what I guess was the old terminal when we arrived. There was a long ramp to the ground to deplane and then this loooooooooong metal tube thing (like a guinea pig maze, according to Mom) with a steep incline back up to the terminal. We were supposed to have a wheelchair and attendant on arrival but we waited 45 minutes in the tube before they brought the wheelchair and no attendants were available. Mom is 91, btw. I didn't mind pushing the chair but man, it was a workout! You have to negotiate a strange amount of twists, turns, and elevators to get to the baggage area in the main terminal. It includes a large...not sure what to call it; inverted hill? You go down a long steep decline and then back up. We got into the main terminal and wow, it was amazing and beautiful! We had to go to the bag storage area because it took so long to get there that they took our bags off the carousel. I remarked to the workers that it was quite a hike pushing mom and our carry-on bags and they told me it was 2 miles! We made sure we had an attendant and wheelchair ready when we went back, ha ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter