Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

We must have posted at the same time. I think I see what you're saying now.

I do have a tip now that I've been playing around a bit with the torn paper and manipulating other elements. The other day I was having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to use something like a paperclip so that the proper part of the paperclip didn't show. While I was playing around I figured out that I can cut out the piece of the paperclip that's supposed to be under the paper. It takes a little playing around to get it perfect, but it can be done! You just select the object, then go to cutting tools. I discovered the paper fill option while playing around with this too....and I figured out how the heck I was supposed to use those alphabets that come as one sheet rather than as individual letters- pop up the whole thing then cut out the individual letters you want by choosing "copy shaded area".

I'm much more pleased with the program now that I'm finding that I really can do all the things I want to do with it (except maybe design my own papers and elements....)

.and I figured out how the heck I was supposed to use those alphabets that come as one sheet rather than as individual letters- pop up the whole thing then cut out the individual letters you want by choosing "copy shaded area".

I just figured that out the other day, too! Now I kind of like those one-sheet alphas!

I figure if I ever really want to get into making my own papers and elements, I can use PSE for that and then still import the stuff into SBC+! I really like the interface and the way they have the tool set up.

Anyone have any tips for that magic wand tool? I have yet to use it. What is it useful for?

I used it to trim away excess when using the paper tearing template. I put the tear on top of my piece of paper, then used the magic wand to erase the tear. Then I (at least most of the time) could use the magic wand to erase the paper on the side of the tear I didn't want. When that didn't work I used the straight line cutter to cut most of it away then I was able to clean up the edge with the magic wand. Oh, and then I put the white torn paper edge back on. If I had resized the torn edge I'd want to have made a copy of it before erasing it.

Take a look at the instructions for making custom fancy text, as I found them to illustrate the possibilities of the magic wand much better than the regular instructions. But I'd love to hear what others can do with it.

Take a look at the instructions for making custom fancy text, as I found them to illustrate the possibilities of the magic wand much better than the regular instructions. But I'd love to hear what others can do with it.

Hmmm...are these directions IN SBC+ somewhere? I guess it would help if I had checked ANY of these directions out at some point!!

You can get some instructions for the various tools by clicking on the ? icon on the upper right. They're inadequate, but it's something. They usually help me get some small idea of what I can do with a tool.

Jessica thanks so much for starting this thread! I purchased SBC+ after failing to figure out PSE! SBC is much more user friendly but I am a totally newbie to it all! If you find out how to make/import templates that would be great!!! :cool1:

Tiffany

A lady I know from another message board (ScrapShare) made these awesome templates that can be used in SBC+. She took sketches made by another board member (Amy, goes by the Screen name Amsway) and turned them into digital templates for SBC+. If you save the files in your StoryBooks folder and then open them as a project in SBC+, you can place your photos and papers into them just like templates in PSE, only easier! You should save a copy of the templates before using them, so you don't copy over the blanks. You can also import tese templates one at a time into a current project. If you use these, please give credit to the creators by crediting "SBC+ template created by angijon712 from a sketch by Amsway". That should cover it for now. These ladies made these file for free sharing and enjoying, so please make sure to give them credit for their work. Here is the link to the files. Give them a try!
SBC+ Templates from Amsway sketches Password is amsway. Enjoy!

I use the magic wand all the time to isolate individual elements or cut the background out of a picture. The first thing that I do is isolate the element that I want by going to the tools ribbon and using the rectangle or oval to cut it out as close to the element as possible. Then I use the rectangle or oval again to "blot" around the element to cut out as much of the background as possible. I then either zoom into the element at least 200% or enlarge it temporarily. I then use the magic wand to elminate the excess - as the "ants" go around - I keep clicking until the area that I want to cut out is surrounded. I usually do the right side first - then the top - left side - then bottom. I have found that when I get overzealous - I will click in the wrong place and have to start over. If I am having a hard time cleaning it all up - I use the custom shape tool to eliminate the rest. There is an introduction to it on the Advanced Tecqniques webinar on the CM website.

It sounds like a long process but it goes quickly!

A lady I know from another message board (ScrapShare) made these awesome templates that can be used in SBC+. She took sketches made by another board member (Amy, goes by the Screen name Amsway) and turned them into digital templates for SBC+. If you save the files in your StoryBooks folder and then open them as a project in SBC+, you can place your photos and papers into them just like templates in PSE, only easier! You should save a copy of the templates before using them, so you don't copy over the blanks. You can also import tese templates one at a time into a current project. If you use these, please give credit to the creators by crediting "SBC+ template created by angijon712 from a sketch by Amsway". That should cover it for now. These ladies made these file for free sharing and enjoying, so please make sure to give them credit for their work. Here is the link to the files. Give them a try!
SBC+ Templates from Amsway sketches Password is amsway. Enjoy!

WOW!!!! That is sooooo cool! I downloaded them and imported them in w/o a problem. Thanks so much, Jessica. Do these ladies have a blog or anything? I'd love to say thanks!

I use the magic wand all the time to isolate individual elements or cut the background out of a picture. The first thing that I do is isolate the element that I want by going to the tools ribbon and using the rectangle or oval to cut it out as close to the element as possible. Then I use the rectangle or oval again to "blot" around the element to cut out as much of the background as possible. I then either zoom into the element at least 200% or enlarge it temporarily. I then use the magic wand to elminate the excess - as the "ants" go around - I keep clicking until the area that I want to cut out is surrounded. I usually do the right side first - then the top - left side - then bottom. I have found that when I get overzealous - I will click in the wrong place and have to start over. If I am having a hard time cleaning it all up - I use the custom shape tool to eliminate the rest. There is an introduction to it on the Advanced Tecqniques webinar on the CM website.

It sounds like a long process but it goes quickly!

Thanks for the help. I haven't figured out the whole wand thing yet -- it's on my "things to figure out list!" :)

WOW!!!! That is sooooo cool! I downloaded them and imported them in w/o a problem. Thanks so much, Jessica. Do these ladies have a blog or anything? I'd love to say thanks!

They don't have a blog. I think I'll send them a link to this thread so they can see our comments here.

Thanks for the help. I haven't figured out the whole wand thing yet -- it's on my "things to figure out list!" :)

It is on my list, too! That explanation by Disney baby was very helpful. I'll have to play with that soon!

Okay Jessica I looked at your layouts through your link and I am so jealous!!!! :worship: Did you do them all in CM? If so, how did you make the words go all around your page? I am still learning the program and the consultant that I purchased it from knows less than I do so I hope you don't mind the questions!! Thanks, Tiffany

Okay Jessica I looked at your layouts through your link and I am so jealous!!!! :worship: Did you do them all in CM? If so, how did you make the words go all around your page? I am still learning the program and the consultant that I purchased it from knows less than I do so I hope you don't mind the questions!! Thanks, Tiffany

Yes, I did them all in SBC+, except the Birthday one which I did in Digital Image Pro because my laptop with SBC+ on it was broken that day! It is easy-peasy to make the words go around the page. You just make a long skinny text box for the top of the page, type in your words so they fit across the whole page, then copy and paste that text box, right click on it, click properties, and rotate the box 9o degrees. Now you have your words for the right side of the page! Do this two more times, rotating 180 and 270 degrees and you have the other two sides of the box! Make sense? I'm happy to answer questions, I'm still figuring it all out myself, that's why I started this thread!

BTW, I just started a blog today. I think I'll try and put some of the FAQ's about SBC+ on it as I get time, so keep the questions coming!!

You make it seem so easy!!! I will have to go home and try it! Let me know your blog address so I can stalk it too!!!:rotfl2: Tiffany

You make it seem so easy!!! I will have to go home and try it! Let me know your blog address so I can stalk it too!!!:rotfl2: Tiffany

There's not much there yet, but I hope to work on it more this weekend. Here's the address. Like I said, not much there yet!! I'll put a link in my siggy once I get it going a little more!

Cool blog Jessica -- can't wait to watch it evolve!

I don't know if you guys have seen Trish's blog, but she has LOTs of cute template freebies in .png format. They aren't as user friendly as Jessica's awesome SBC+ freebies, but there are some cute ones.... you can scroll through several pages of her older posts and grab a bunch.

http://trishhdesigns.blogspot.com/

I downloaded the Disney Digital PP, the Mickey add-ons, and the 12x12 predesigned pages this morning. Here is my review:

I really like the PP and the Mickey add on. Lots of great colors and papers and cool Disney Embellishments. I love that they included Chip & Dale in the embellies as well as a princess sticker in the main kit. The predesigned pages are somewhat disappointing. The layouts are boring and I didn't see anything that really wowed me. So, I give the PP and Mickey kit 4.5 out of 5 stars and the Predesigned pages 2 out of 5 stars. That's my review!

labdogs42

Wow - you are fast - I just got home from church and saw your post!

I agree - I would skip the predesigned pages and just buy the Power Palette kit and the addtions. I do really like the additions for Princess, Cars, Hanna Montana, Pooh and Mickey! I also like the non disney stuff and new embellishments. I just spent $140.95!!!

Additiction is a terrible thing!!

I downloaded the Disney Digital PP, the Mickey add-ons, and the 12x12 predesigned pages this morning. Here is my review:

I really like the PP and the Mickey add on. Lots of great colors and papers and cool Disney Embellishments. I love that they included Chip & Dale in the embellies as well as a princess sticker in the main kit. The predesigned pages are somewhat disappointing. The layouts are boring and I didn't see anything that really wowed me. So, I give the PP and Mickey kit 4.5 out of 5 stars and the Predesigned pages 2 out of 5 stars. That's my review!

labdogs42

Wow - you are fast - I just got home from church and saw your post!

I agree - I would skip the predesigned pages and just buy the Power Palette kit and the addtions. I do really like the additions for Princess, Cars, Hanna Montana, Pooh and Mickey! I also like the non disney stuff and new embellishments. I just spent $140.95!!!

Additiction is a terrible thing!!

Wow -- you went crazy! I only got the three Disney things I mentioned. I might get the Pooh and Cars add-ons at some point, but not right now. I didn't get their embellishments because I thought they were kind of pricey and I have a bunch of clips and stuff from other kits that will hold me for now! I"m having a Cm party in June to try and get some of the paper Disney stuff at a discount. I want the whole paper collection, too!!

I just purchased the SBC+ software and the memory management 2.0 software - I should have it all Wednesday. I can't WAIT to get started with it and just play around and figure things out! We are taking a trip to WDW in October, but I want to be really comfortable with the programs before I get back and start working on an album!! :yay:

I am going to start working on a digital album of pictures from Germany when I receive it. I look forward to getting some tips from you guys! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter