Who Here Has Been Away From WDW The Longest?

rastahomie

Registered
I imagine there are some on these boards who have never been - they're planning their first trip, or they're just feeling their way around the culture.

As for me, it's been 12 years since we've been down that way. Going again in December! (WOOT)

for me its been 25 years, my only time in WDW Florida was with my family in 1992. I now go every year to DL California, next trip in 3 weeks time :)

2006 for us, with no plans to return. :smickey: We do visit DLR as often as we are able though and just had a quick stop at DL Paris two weeks ago.

I can't remember the year (I think it was 1985 - 86 some time), but I know we were there at the time when there were signs for "Disney's MGM Studios Coming Soon" and they had just had the "ground breaking" ceremony the week before we arrived.

So that was my first trip, and then I finally went back in October 2016. So I guess for me its possibly 30 ish years?

Almost 2 years.

Hard to believe actually, we have never gone this long, but we had APs to Universal last year and the kids wanted to get the most out of them, so we just did Universal.

No specific plans at the moment. I have gone back to work and the kids are in school, so it makes it harder to go. (Teacher, College kid, High School kid, and Middle School kid).

We MAY hit DL this summer, we haven't decided. We are going out to CA, but we are looking at moving back to CA in a year, so going to DL seems like a wast of a few days when we will be moving back and most likely getting APs the following year.

Last time in WDW was Nov 2015, 2007 before that, and I'm hoping to return in the next 5 years. We live in Western Canada so DL is our 'home park'. We go to DL usually once a year, next trip this coming August.

Our last trip was 06. Probably won't go back. Had the time of our lives and still share memories of all our trips. It was a great time of my life.

I never plan on leaving the DIS tho! ;)

I might have the record for the longest gap between WDW trips. Up until our Dec 2015 trip, it had been 41 since I was last in WDW.

We're in BC so DL is our park, the longest gap between DL trip was 1999 (our honeymoon) until 2011 (son's first trip). We have made up for that 12 year gap by going 10 times between 2011 and now. :)

January 2014 was our last trip and I have fierce withdrawal. Our kids are in HS now though and our preferred vacation time had always been Jan/Feb, so not likely we'll be back soon. I am seriously considering a solo trip within the next year. DH is not a fan, I can't pull either out of school when I'd like to go and refuse to go during school break...so solo or find a girlfriend who may want to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter