Who has used GETRAVELOP.com?

anniem923

Mouseketeer
I saw this site posted in another thread www.getravelop.com. After looking there it appears to have some good deals. If you have used it, would you please post your experience with them? I'm just a little leary about calling some 800# and giving them my information in order to gat an account # when I have never heard of them before.
Thanks!
Anne

I haven't used them yet but I got an account number by email, didn't have to call. I may try them later this year.

I used them a couple of years ago when their price was $264. Got a condo in Oct. Everything went smooth after I finally figured out that they had added an H to teresa. No problems with extra fees or presentations or anything.

You have to call to make your first reservation, after that you are supposed to be able to just handle it online.

I have rented two condos since, but both from SkyAuction, because I got the 1st for $216 for last Sept. And just got another for $210 ($310 - $100 certificate won with last year's auction-Home & Away) from SkyAuction.

i've used them before with terrific results.

has anyone used them lately since they have this confusing "tax" extra wordage on their website?

i've used them before with terrific results.

has anyone used them lately since they have this confusing "tax" extra wordage on their website?

I have used www.afvclub.com which is essentially the same thing. It's a great deal!

They charge tax now.

The price is going up in July, too. $329/week.

I have used them twice before the taxes and I have one scheduled in August . No problems I book mine online. I think they are associated with RCI. I have one more week to plan and I was looking at them but will checkout Skyauction also. The thing I like about Getop is you are not bothered by timeshare presentation stuff. No problems at all.

I haven't used them yet, but was ready to sign up when I read a post here on the DISboards about GOVarm.com someone (thanks MADGE!!!) shared that they had rates of $199 per week at Vistana and a few other orlando resorts for this fall. We booked Mystic Dunes at that price. At the end I was expecting them to add on some crazy service fee -- but the total came to $199 + tax! I did it all on their website -- including qualifying.

I plan to watch both sites in the future, as they both had great rates for different places -- from what I understand Getravel is for RCI and Govarm is for Interval International.

how do you calculate/identify the amount for the tax?

My total was 223.88. which if I did the math right is 12.5% of the base $199. Isn't that the (rediculously high) tax for Orlando hotel rooms? My guess is the tax is based on that.

I haven't used them yet, but was ready to sign up when I read a post here on the DISboards about GOVarm.com someone (thanks MADGE!!!) shared that they had rates of $199 per week at Vistana and a few other orlando resorts for this fall. We booked Mystic Dunes at that price. At the end I was expecting them to add on some crazy service fee -- but the total came to $199 + tax! I did it all on their website -- including qualifying.

I plan to watch both sites in the future, as they both had great rates for different places -- from what I understand Getravel is for RCI and Govarm is for Interval International.

Happy I could help - with the www.govarm.com site. While I'm thrilled with the rate we got through there for Vistana Villages, I'm kicking myself for booking it.... Cypress Point is now $199/week (for mid-October) for a 2BR unit. That's nearly half what I paid for Vistana Villages.

Govarm doesn't seem to have as much visibility on these boards as the Armed Forces Vacation Club site . They are both fantastic resources for budget-minded travel!

Is it only off times that you can get anything last minute? Seems like I looked around spring break time and not much. I've looked for anytime this summer but mostly for East Coast South like Myrtle Beach of Hilton Head and nothing. I called and got the account # for the getravelop last year but have yet to see anything I can use for 5 people.:confused3

My total was 223.88. which if I did the math right is 12.5% of the base $199. Isn't that the (rediculously high) tax for Orlando hotel rooms? My guess is the tax is based on that.

so it's tax based on what you paid, not tax based on the "rack rate" of the property?

so it's tax based on what you paid, not tax based on the "rack rate" of the property?

I think so.

And for availability - start checking about 6 months out. It's probably too early for Spring Break. I've never found a time with "better" availability. Just when I think I've figured out, it changes, LOL.

Is it only off times that you can get anything last minute? Seems like I looked around spring break time and not much. I've looked for anytime this summer but mostly for East Coast South like Myrtle Beach of Hilton Head and nothing. I called and got the account # for the getravelop last year but have yet to see anything I can use for 5 people.:confused3

One thing to note about Getop, they have both Search A and High Demand. I always start with Search A because High Demand is usually more, but every now and then you can get a deal for the same properties listed on Search A.

Also properties for 6 and more people usually will not be on the list far in advance. I was booking a resort for late August for 6 people and it was not until May around Mother's day that I found them available at a price I wanted to pay, so keep that in mind. But there are many of them out there. Just have to check all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter