who has stayed at pop century?

Banshee

<font color=blue>Bip & Bop<br><font color=green>I
Please give me your opinion's!We have always stayed at CBR before, and are now considering Pop Century for December 28th to January 10th! Thank you very much!:D

I stayed there in February with my 4yo and my sister. We liked the resort for the most part. Good value, fun place to be, food court seemed to have a good variety, even though we didn't eat there.

We heard the outside noise a lot and if I stayed there I would request a room facing the water or another quieter area. Late at night people would talk very loudly, yell to family/friends far away, whistle, etc. It could happen at any resort I suppose, but teh outside doors made it seem louder. Also, the pillows were way too fluffy for me to sleep on and I had to demand that they get some flatter ones from a different resort (I asked nicely and they refused, but I'd read on here about people getting flatter pillows so knew that it was something they should get for me). Those are really my only complaints. Well, those and the fact that the buses were very crowded. We were there at a slow time, but had to stand a lot going to and from the parks. Not too hard for me, but my sister is 61yo (a healthy 61, but still...) and nobody offered her their seat or took their toddler on their lap to make more open seats. That was a little disappointing, but not a big deal.

I would consider staying there in the future, but when I go next time alone with my 4yo I will probably stay at a moderate.

T&B

I've stayed there. I had a lovely time. The resort is fun to explore and the pools are great for lounging. I usually stay at the BC (for a resort) or OKW (as my DVC home) so was pleasantly surprised to find so much to like about Pop Century. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Just got back I loved it, I would totally stay there again. I stayed in the 50's building and it wasnt too loud I guess it just depends where you are. The rooms are a little small but we were hardly even it there so it wasnt no big deal. Besides its a new resort just try it out! ;)

I only stayed for one night before moving to POFQ so I didn't use the transporation. The food court had more variety than POFQ although it was a lot more crowded. My son really enjoyed the game room and the gift shop had a lot of neat items but it also seemed more crowded and lively. As one of the previous posters said I also had a little problem with the noise. I didn't notice it at night but it woke me up early in the morning and we were not facing a pool (50's bldg.) The mornings at POFQ were much quieter except for one morning they were cleaning the room next to us and kept going in and out of the room with the door guard turned out (it seemed like 50 times).

:wave: :wave2: :wave:

We stayed there at Christmas time this past year and really enjoyed it. We could see fireworks from Epcot (we stayed in the 50's building).

We enjoyed the tye-dyed cheesecake! The lobby is like a time capsule museum. It was so fun seeing the items in the shadow boxes.

We are staying there again in September. It is a value resort, but it is very nice! We got a AAA rate for this coming September of $59/night. At Christmas time, there were no AAA rates available, but some people seemed to get some great AP rates (didn't help us, we don't have APs).

DJ

I thought the pillows were to fat too. But I didn't know about asking for flat ones. We really liked the hotel.

I stayed there end of January with my 4 and 6 yr old. We had a blast, the CM's were great, wait times for bus were very short and my children loved the outside twister games and arcade.

Daisy:sunny:

Restroom-Toilet question.

The reason for this unique-strange question is because I have arthritis in my hands and while staying at All Star Music I had problems flushing their toilets. (I had to use a hairbrush to push the button) Their toilets has a flush button on top. Can anyone tell me if PoP has the handle type or the flush button type toilets?

Thank you,

:confused:

Hi all,
Debbie, we just returned and I am glad to answer your "odd" question. The toilets have a normal handle. Actually, I didn't remember about the push button ones at the All-stars until I read your question. I can see where the push one would be a problem ~ it was hard for me!

We just loved Pop ~ everything about it ~ especially the fluffy pillows :) Something else that that I we just loved was the music. We were in a ground level room and enjoyed leaving the door propped so we should enjoy the music playing outside. It was rather loud the first morning (7 am) but someone must have complained because it was turned down the second day.

Oh, one thing I did miss is the liquid soap dispenser in the shower. Looks like I'm the only one that liked them. :(

Everything we tried at the food court was great. They really need to get another icee dispenser or shut off the one they have so it can freeze. It was so popular that the stuff never froze it was a sugary syrup........and my girls still drank it....yuck!

Since this has turned into a mini trip report.......I guess I should add that I think you (Banshee) should stay at Pop for this trip and book another for your wife’s birthday @ CBR :smooth: But, that's just me helping you to get another trip in......lol

We were there for 9 nights during Easter break.

We loved it! The pillows were great, we never had problems with noise or bus service.

Our room was in the 70's building, 2nd floor, facing the playground. A very short walk to the main building, pool, and bus stop.

The buses were crowded, but I expected that since we were there during a peak season. We had to stand a few times, but that was my choice. I could have stepped aside and waited for the next bus.(we did this a few times)

Everything we ate in the foodcourt was great. The only problem we had, was that they gave you so much food most times we could not finish our meals. I loved the shrimp lo mein.:tongue:

All of the CMs we came in contact with very nice and helpful.

We really enjoyed our stay at Pop Century and are looking forward to returning this Christmas.

The only think I'd do different the next time is rent the fridge. I didn't get one this time because I didn't want to spend the extra $90. As a result, we wasted a huge amount of food because we had no way of keeping it fresh.

how many places you can refill your mugs at?

And if I am in my swimsuit at the pool is it ok to go into the food court to refill?

Hi,

Another one just back from POP over Easter.

Never satyed at a Value resort before but this had the look and feel of a Moderate resort.

We stayed in the 70's building - top floor overlooking the lake and generation gap bridge (nice and quiet as requested).

All the buildings were within easy reach of the food court and superb theming.

I fully agree with everything that disneyjunkie mentioned and we even managed to meet up with Tyler!

goofymom/pop - I think you can only refill at the Food Court and I noticed a lot of people in swimsuits refilling mugs.

We are mostly moderate people that stayed at pop in January. We were very nervous about staying at a value but found we were pleasantly suprised. We asked for a room in the 70's with a nice view and that is what we got, looking out over the lake. Did not have a problem with noise. Our room was nice and close and I would not pay extra for a preferred room. Some of them looked farther away than our room. Cast members were very good and attentive, check in a breeze and we enjoyed the food court several times although it can get crowded. Still the lines moved quickly. The bus service was my least favorite thing. Many times in the morning we had to wait for the second bus. And more than half the time coming and going at any time there were people standing up. I also wonder with summer coming how hot those bus lines are going to be. POP is more FUN I think with the moderates being a bit more quiet and romantic.

We stayed at POP in January.:Pinkbounc

We were in the 80's building facing away from the computer pool. We had 2 adjoining rooms. It was a great resort. My 3 year old wants to go back everyday. We never went to any other pool but the computer pool, but the other 2 pools looked great. Our room was very quiet and a short walk to the food court and buses. I considered returning there, but we decided to try somewhere new - the french quarter.

Kathe princess:

:fish:

Thanks all soooooo much for the info!! I feel much better now! I think the kids will really enjoy it too!:D :D I havent booked yet but I am already excited!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter