~Who has inspired you most IN YOUR LIFE?

peacefulgirl

DIS Veteran
This makes one think.

I would have to say my Mom. She raised 7 kids alone. She is strong, hard working and compassionate beyond belief. Ya, my Mom :)

I'd have to say Jesus - He keeps me on the straight & narrow. :)

If I were to pick a person I actually know, it would have to be my dad - he has a strong sense of ethics & importance of family that I carry with me. I have great respect for my dad.

10 years ago, it was my hubby. I saw in him the father I always wished I'd had. Since then, it's my kids. They've given me patience I never knew I had, more humor than I could ask for, the ability to cry when I need to and not only when I felt safe, the need to sing, badly, in public, dance in the streets because life is good, and enjoy all that I have and all that I am. My son is my second best friend, video games, staying up late for Harry Potter new release stuff, fart jokes, just talking. Love that kid and the strength he gives me. My daughter...aw Katie. For someone without language, you express volumes. Laughter, love, light. You make me be a champion and advocate for you, a role I never EVER would have cast myself in. I fight with you, for you, and in your honor. Love that kid and the courage she gives me.

I'd post pics of them here, but I don't know how, or if I'm even allowed to.

Definitely my dad. He is so strong and wise and funny. And a work ethic you don't find often these days (although I think I have some of it, too :flower: ). He walks the walk and talks the talk if you know what I mean. And, boy are his stories to die for. DD18 says the thing she loves most about grandpa is listening to his "stories". He has been through so much with me, he will always be my pillar.

Great thread :earsboy:

Rowena said:
10 years ago, it was my hubby. I saw in him the father I always wished I'd had. Since then, it's my kids. They've given me patience I never knew I had, more humor than I could ask for, the ability to cry when I need to and not only when I felt safe, the need to sing, badly, in public, dance in the streets because life is good, and enjoy all that I have and all that I am. My son is my second best friend, video games, staying up late for Harry Potter new release stuff, fart jokes, just talking. Love that kid and the strength he gives me. My daughter...aw Katie. For someone without language, you express volumes. Laughter, love, light. You make me be a champion and advocate for you, a role I never EVER would have cast myself in. I fight with you, for you, and in your honor. Love that kid and the courage she gives me.

I'd post pics of them here, but I don't know how, or if I'm even allowed to.

nice post. You can and are allowed to .. here is the link to how:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4886029#post4886029

My friend Leanne. Leanne went to the Dr when she was 27 with a lump in her breast. She was told she was too young to have breast cancer, it was nothing. When she was 28 a different Dr. asked "Why did you wait so long." After a masectomy she asked her oncologist about reconstruction and was told she wouldn't live long enough to enjoy it. She changed oncologist and for the next 14 years sent the origanal oncologist a birthday card signed Happy Birthday to me. When she was diagnosed she had a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old. She died 2 weeks before daughters high school graduation. She went through treatment a total of four times with short remissions between. Through it all she reached out to other b/c survivors supporting, loving and incouraging. She told me she did not want her obit to say she lost her battle. It said she completed the race. She is my hero.

peacefulgirl, I wanted to thank you for your helpful and kind response. My computer seems to be too much of a dinosaur for me to use the photo page here though all I get on either browser, Netscape or Explorer, is "no input file specified" when I try to simply register my username. Very old computer, and the link may help anyway once I upload the photos to the net/web in a way I feel secure.

Great thread.

My father he was compassionate, loving and kind to all living things. :flower1:

Without even thinking about it--my mom! The greatest lady I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Different people have influenced me in different stages of my life. My mom would be the one that definetly inspired me as I was younger. I had a principal the last five years (she recently left our school) who was a big inspiration for me. She was such a powerful force with such a positive outlook towards everything.....she was amazing!

My husband! He is so kind and loving towards me, and he is also the smartest person that I know :)

Edited to add that one of my high-school friends is still a huge inspiration to me to this day. This girl had EVERYTHING going against her (2 biological parents with severe mental illness, a bio-brother who was inpatient hospitalized for the same mental illness), but yet she managed to get herself through high school and into an ivy league college. She got enough financial aid to go there, which was great. She took on a tough major, got a good job, and married her college sweetheart (in a wedding that she planned and paid for all by herself with no help from anyone...at 21!!).

She has a family of her own now, which makes me so happy for her. She has the "normal" that she never could find growing up. Some of the things that she's said to me as an adult have been the things that inspired me to make the biggest changes. We wouldn't be living in FL right now if it weren't for something she said, so I guess that I have to say that she REALLY inspired me :)

Both my Mom and Dad. I have two sisters and one brother. My Mom was a SAHM and my Dad was the 'breadwinner' until he had his first seizure at the age of 44. He was diagnosed with brain cancer and died at 45 (I was 21 at the time). He was the most brave person I've ever met - never complained one second that he was so sick...even through all the pain, surgeries, chemotherapy, etc. My Mom was also brave as she had to take over the care of my father and be the sole breadwinner for her children. She is now a housekeeper at the college I teach at and is taking college classes to be able to get a better job and do better for herself.

I admire them both.

the 3 stooges, they have allways been there for me

There very few people in my life who haven't inspired me in one way or another. I am touched in a way by everyone I have ever been in contact with. I guess I take parts that I admire from all of them and try to apply them in some way to my life.

One person who is particularly inspiring to me is my sister who suffers with severe mental illness. She has faced so many obstacles in life and consistently maintains a positive attitude. She lost her home, her marriage, her children, financial stablity, the public respect most of us take for granted and her health has suffered.

While she may be considered 'different' and 'unfortunate' in her behavior, she is so incredibly resilient and so kind hearted. She really understands the 'small child' in all of us. What people do not see is the perserverance in her that I find remarkable. She never gives up hope. I am blessed to have her in my life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter