Who has flown on jet blue, what are they like?

minnieandmickeymouse

DIS Veteran
I just booked my first flight with jetblue. I haven't flown much, but plan on taking many now, to WDW!! I took my 7 year old son last year, just the 2 of us. Now it will be my 6 year old daughters turn.

How is jetblue different from other airlines?
I can't wait to go!!

Thanks.:earsgirl:

I've always received amazing service from JetBlue. On the ground, as well as in the air.

The planes are all fairly new, so they're usually in excellent condition, and the seats are really comfortable. Their big deal is the free DirecTv, and now they have free sattelite radio.

Their snacks are usually really good too! A choice of blue potato chips, bagel chips, Frito Muchies Mix, chocolate chip cookies, and sometimes biscotti.

You'll have a great flight.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE JetBlue!!!!!

First off--how are they different? Every single person we encountered (checkin, gate crew, baggage handlers (they were waving to DS through the terminal windows!), flight crew, EVERYONE is so nice and pleasant to deal with. Nothing super over the top, just nice and pleasant, like they are actually enjoying their work.

The TVs are GREAT. DS watched Boomerang and Nick, I watched almost 3 hours of 80s videos (OH the HAIR! :crazy: ).

Where logistics allow, they board and deplane from 2 exits, so it goes much more quickly.

They have these cool Blue Terra Chips as snacks. We flew them in Feb, and DS (age 6) is STILL talking about the "Blue Potato Chips" When he asked if he could have another bag, the Flight Attendant brought him one, and then right before he strapped in for landing, he dropped a white bag on DS's lap (8 more bags of chips in in!).

We will be flying JetBlue again WHENEVER we can.

If you have any more specific questions, just fire away!

JetBlue sounds great, and I really want to fly with them... however, I'm hoping for a price drop some time soon for October.

We have now flown Jet Blue twice from boston, once to orlando and once to tampa, A++ both times. Check in was fast, and very friendly. All the flight attendants were great, they serve the snack and beverage without the cart and each person takes a portion of the aircraft so your served quickly no matter where you are seated. We were offered refills of drink and snack. The option to board or leave the aircraft from the rear or front was great - and much quicker. Obviously the direct TV was great esp for my 7 and 9yo's they wated animal planet for 3 hours.

On all flights our luggage was already on the carosel when we got to baggage claim.

All in all its the best airline I have used so far - and we have flown a few. If I have the choice in the future I will pick Jet Blue first. Have a great trip.

TJ

I've booked Jet Blue for the first time for August. It's so nice to hear the good reviews. I gave up on Delta and Continental out of Newark and will make the trek to JFK for better price, times and now it sounds like better service!!

JETBLUE is amazing!!!

i really do not like to fly AT ALL! but for some reason, being on Jetblue makes me more comfortable and at ease....

Maybe it has something to do with the larger more comfortable leather seats.... or maybe the direct tv that keeps me occupied..

Whatever it is- Its a great airline... and how can u beat the prices!

My boyfriends mother is a flight attendant for jetblue (so if u have a flight attendant named RoseMarie- be extra nice ;) ) ..... so now its even better--- I get to fly for free!! hehehe

Jetblue is great! :Pinkbounc

I have flown them once and thought they were great. I love the guaranteed tv's (Song has only had them on 1 out of 3 flights:rolleyes: ) and deboarding out the back of the plane was a nice surprise.

I have them booked for my next 3 trips. My fare dropped for next week's trip and I was issued a credit. I am watching them everyday hoping for them to drop more and get another credit.:hyper:

I am going to try them for the 1st time for our December trip from JFK - I noticed something on seatguru about not being able to get confirmed seat numbers - is this true?

TIA
Paula in CT
pirate:

Originally posted by PaulaMurf
I am going to try them for the 1st time for our December trip from JFK - I noticed something on seatguru about not being able to get confirmed seat numbers - is this true?

TIA
Paula in CT
pirate:

I have gotten confirmed seat numbers on all 4 flights. In fact dh and I were separated by a couple rows each sitting with one of our dd's on the way home from tampa. Even though that was fine with us the person checking us in apologized that we weren't together! In the past have had to fight with AA to be seated with my then 4yo dd after they changed equipment and re-assigned our seats. So that was a very refreshing change.

IIRC I booked my seats online when making the reservation.

TJ

I have flown all kinds of airlines out of Toronto, now I make the trip down to Buffalo, just for jetblue. I am traveling with a friend who is very leary about driving to Buffalo, and I fought tooth and nail to fly jetblue. Plus we are saving at least 100.00 C$ each, for the most part more then that for similar flights/times

The TV's ( there is a live map of your fights progress, last flight it told us that we were 200 feet in the air at touchdown, lol.) The 30+ Channels, including the Travel Channel, for disney specials.

The chocolate chip biscotti, to die for. They didn't have any in the baskets last time, the the FA searched the cuboards for me and found one, it was very fresh.

The seats we love them, we are pooh sized and it was comfortable. We chose the back half for out next flight for the extra 2" of leg room( first 10 rows have less leg room, but you can get off and on faster, a good trade-off). They give you a chose of seats after you book your flight, for all segments of the flight. Our next MCO bound flight had just me and my friend on it when I booked my mother's ticket last night. It was cool to see that.

The JFK hub is wonderful. Just Jetblue in the terminal. And a good variety of portable food options are available. Most items were big enough for two. Lots of seats and wireless hubs. Also just a couple of minutes will get you from one end to the other of the terminal.

The FA's are for the most part very entertaining. But always very pleasant.

Penny

Originally posted by Lexxiefern
...I love the guaranteed tv's (Song has only had them on 1 out of 3 flights:rolleyes: )...

Song now has tvs on all aircraft.

Originally posted by pjpoohbear
...(there is a live map of your fights progress, last flight it told us that we were 200 feet in the air at touchdown, lol.)...

The altitude is generally given as above mean sea level.

If DH goes to a convention in November, We will be flying Jet Blue as the price is GREAT!

Originally posted by debster812

The TVs are GREAT. DS watched Boomerang and Nick, I watched almost 3 hours of 80s videos (OH the HAIR! :crazy: ).

SWEET!! I can't wait to try them in december!

$79 Each way out of Logan (leaving from Boston because my family lives there) :bounce:

Love Jet Blue, we just drove all the way to JFK(NYC) just to fly them our last trip.

I emailed them begging them to come to an airport here in eastern PA. lol

Originally posted by alexturner74
Song now has tvs on all aircraft.

The altitude is generally given as above mean sea level.

Eventually did did say 0 feet but it took 1 0r 2 minutes. Must have a lag in data transfer.

posted by pumpkinboy

"I always figured Pooh would fit in my carry-on "

If pooh were like 5'5" then (s)he (the orginal black bear was a Canadian girl just like me) would not, lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter