• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who has done a members cruise before?

BrdWlkBride2005

Earning My Ears
I am thinking of booking the September 2012 4 night members cruise. Is it worth it? What are the benefits of a members cruise vs a regular one? We have only done one Disney Cruise and are newish DVC members.

What are your thoughts?

DH and I were on a great member cruise in 2005. We enjoyed hearing the guests especially Ducky Williams talk about his work, and there were opportunities to win some of his work, and at the end everyone got one of his prints of M&M with the Wonder.

I didn't keep most of the gifts that came to your room, so I wan't particularly impressed with them, but I enjoyed the commaraderie that was present when you talked to the other guests.

I would love to do another one, but September next year is out for me, and I don't want to waste money for a January cruise to the Bahamas.

Some here have the opinion that the MCs are huge selling opportunities for DVC and don't like that aspect. There is that, but still people flock to get on one. We'll see if DVC can "sell" one to members in January.

Best wishes as you decide. I think more people here talk negatively about them, yet as I said, they have booked a whole ship in a single day in the past, (including Disboarders) so there's something about them that appeals to a great number of people. I hope to do another one, but not in January!

Bobbi:boat:

Thanks for your input. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to be bother with the sell sell sell DVC that is probably going to go on. Most of my DVC member friends have said no way. I'm just intrigued with how and why they sell out so quickly though. We shall see.

Thanks for your input. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to be bother with the sell sell sell DVC that is probably going to go on. Most of my DVC member friends have said no way. I'm just intrigued with how and why they sell out so quickly though. We shall see.

Ours was a 4 night cruise, and we only went to one sales presentation. We weren't interested, period. One of the guests was Art Linkletter, and while interesting, I got a totally different impression of him than I had from watching his show in years past. (We're in our 60's!). The singer was excellent. DH and I even watched a movie in the theater.

It was Jim Lewis' first year, and he and his family made a positive impression on DH and me. All in all it was worthwhile to be there and to learn more of Disney history. There was a Disney Historian...well known, but right now his name escapes me.

If you are inclined to go, I would try. As I said, we want to do another one and we didn't buy any points or win anything on our first one!

Bobbi:goodvibes

The sell, sell, sell is usually just one show that you'll get a ticket to attend. Just don't go.

I did the past members cruise and was disappointed. We loved the cruise, we were just expecting more DVC member activities, events and special guests...etc.

Do I recommend a Disney Cruise....Yes!

Would I recommend a Members Cruise....eh. As long as you understand what you are buying upfront, go ahead and give it a try.

HUM I'm not sure I'm sold in the members cruise :confused3

Now I'm looking into the April 10th 5 night or the May 27th 5 night. I started to read about people on cruises during hurricanes and now I'm freaked out about that with the members cruise being in September.

HUM I'm not sure I'm sold in the members cruise :confused3

Now I'm looking into the April 10th 5 night or the May 27th 5 night. I started to read about people on cruises during hurricanes and now I'm freaked out about that with the members cruise being in September.

The '05 cruise was diverted to Port Everglades for the return because hurricane Ophelia was battering Port Canaveral. Disney provided the bus transfers to MCO, or to WDW. There wasn't any problems on the ship as I remember it.

We're doing a 5 night cruise DCL with our family in August. We just hope for the best. We've done 3 cruises in September so far, and that brush with Ophelia was our only experience with a hurricane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter