Who has cruised in mid October

toy

Mouseketeer
We booked for Oct 18, 2012. What has been your experience for weather?

We've cruised several times in October. Weather was nice.

Woody

We cruised last year in mid October and it was wonderful. I was worried about hurricanes, etc. but things were fine and I loved the weather, prefering it to cruising in December. We had one slightly cloudy day on Grand Caymen, but nothing that impacted any of our plans. I found the water and air temps to be perfect-not too cool and not too hot. I would definitely cruise that time of year again. The only thing is, technically it is hurricane season so it's good to be open to possible changes in the ininerary if that were to happen.

2009 and 2010 October cruise weather was wonderful. Mid 70's to low 80's for highs. Sunny skies.

We are October cruisers and we love the weather! It has always been warm, we left once and returned once to rain... and one time at Cozumel the excursion to the Mayan Ruins was cancelled due to high wind. We just walked around and shopped instead.

October is a great time to go,:thumbsup2 except for one thing. The seas seem a bit more choppy. The last three octobers we had 12-15 ft waves on at least one day in the western carribbean.:sick:

We booked for Oct 18, 2012. What has been your experience for weather?

We've taken 5 cruises from either late September to Mid October; weather has always been Fantastic. In fact we're presently scheduled for a cruise this October. But hey you never know it's the WEATHER... Don't worry about it & just focus on having a great cruise. :cool1:

Our first DCL cruise was October 2007 - seas were fine. It rained during our day in Cozumel, but just "normal" rain. We were in the water with the dolphins anyway, so it really wasn't a bother.

Our other two cruises were in early/mid September and we had perfect weather and perfect seas.

Try to to stress about the weather - you can't control it anyway. The captain will sail the ship to avoid most issues that might arise.

Have fun!

We did a Bahamas trip last Oct. and the weather was great..The first night the boat was very "rocky" because of storms out in the Atlantic but with a little Bonine we all were fine..The weather was great...sunny every day- The water at Castaway Cay was a little chilly for my taste (but I do not like even "cool" water)...Enjoy

Our October cruise was great. Our Noveber cruise was less so.
I think at that time of the year, it all comes down to luck.

You just have to decide if October is right for you and your schedule.

We have cruised in October several times. Only once did we have a hurricane interfere with our itineary. That was in 2008 when a hurricane closed St. Thomas. We skipped that port and went straight up to Nassau which was added. We arrived in Nassau until mid-day, stayed late and were at CC the next day. This happened in late October.

Only once did we have to out run a hurricane on a Carnival ship. The rest of our October/November cruises have been wonderful! Picture Perfect weather!

3 Caribbean cruises out of Miami in October on other lines, never had a problem. Great weather. Seas were fine.

We're booked for the October 14, 2012 cruise. Hopefully we'll both have great weather. :cool1:

Thanks for all of the replies. I was wondering what the average temp was. I know the rain is anyone's guess. I was thinking about the ability to get in the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter