Who felt the North Carolina quake?

We were supposed to feel it here in Raleigh, we were out walking at the time and noticed nothing unusual.

We were supposed to feel it here in Raleigh, we were out walking at the time and noticed nothing unusual.

Having been through a lot of light to moderate earthquakes, that happens sometimes. Once I was in the office when there was an earthquake and I could hear the ceiling rattle but felt nothing in my office chair on casters. So I could fell it was happening but didn't feel anything. During the Loma Prieta quake in 1989 I was driving home from school and went through a turn. The only way I knew anything was going on was that my radio station was going in and out as the shaking was messing with their transmitter and the announcer was saying they were experiencing an earthquake.

However, being indoors can often make earthquakes more apparent when the building shakes.

Felt it in Northeast Metro Atlanta. Just a little shimmy to the bed. Woke me up.

Everyone else here felt it but we were in the car driving at the time so didnt feel it.

Yes, our house shook quite a bit. Was enough to wake up my two teenagers :upsidedow

I have a work meeting in Sparta this week. The hospital there is under construction so I’m curious to see if there was any damage.

I live by RDU and felt nothing at all. I was awake and up at the time and have been through minor earthquakes before and zero, nothing at all.

my sister lives in Morrisville NC which she said is about 60 miles and felt the house shake for just a few seconds no damage so all is good there

In Raleigh also, slept right through it. I saw a coverage map that indicated most of it was more Western Raleigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter