Who doesn't like weddings and showers?

For my showers I didn't register anywhere. I always felt a little uncomfortable making people go to a specific store for specific items. I'm really not crazy about bridal showers for couples that already live together. I did have 2 baby showes but my DD's were born 9 yr.'s apart. I did need everything again but I think when children are only a few yr.'s apart IMO, the 2nd shower isn't really called for.

I was supposed to have a baby shower at work before my DD was born. My coworkers planned it without informing me. I stressed out so much about it because I hate being the center of attention. Well, perhaps it was divine intervention, but I went into preterm labor and was put on bed rest before the shower could happen. What ended up happening was a couple of the girls from work came by my house and brought me my gifts. I felt very relieved at not having to sit there and get "oohed" and "aahed" at.;)

My SIL is having her THIRD baby shower given to her next month, everytime she gets pregnant, she gets a shower and new everything. I'm not going and I don't plan on buying anything but mostly because I wrote them off last year for family issues, but I think it's nerve to ask the rest of the family to go to her third baby shower.
Geez, I thought you get a baby shower only the first time.

We don't have baby showers over here in the UK. Once the baby has been born it's usual to give a gift. Giving anything before the birth is considered bad luck.

As for weddings. As someone who never intends to get wed (been with the same partner for 17 years now, 1 child), I just don't agree. I have seen too many marriages ending in divorce (my own parents & my grand-parents included), I just don't get the point I'm afraid. Just my opinion. For those that want to get wed that's fine but please don't force your second/third/fourth marriage on people!

I like them both. Gives me a chance to get together and catch up with friends and family.

What's strange to me is when someone you barely know invites you to a big formal wedding. A new co-worker of DHs just invited us to his sons wedding in July. DH had to ask people at work who this guy was. we were like ??. I think we'll be declining that one. I'd like to at least know 1 person there. ;)

This question really hit home for me, I recieved a wedding shower
invitation yesterday and I still don't know who this person is. It was addressed to me, but the only person who thought they might know who the person is was my dd who is six and thinks maybe this girl helps out in her sunday school class.

Fun thread! In a nutshell, I LOVE weddings and HATE showers!! I really don't like the silly games you have to play and the passing of the gifts around the room to "oohhh" and "ahhhh" over!! I'm somewhat of a professional bridesmaid as I've been one 9 times so I'm a little tired of the shower thing. However, I really still love the pageantry behind weddings. I just wish I could do it again! LOL But, our pocketbook begs to differ!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter