Who do u Book your CRUISES with?

lisaross

DIS Veteran
Last time we cruised we booked thru cruise.com! We were very happy with them.

We are now looking into a cruise for the summer of 2013 - most itiniraries are not even out yet - but for summer 2011 we book in April of 2010 - so i know its just a matter of a few months!

Anyway i just want to have a few choices where to book from - so can u tell me your favorite place to book through.

Again it will be for the summer of 2013 - leaving out of the NYC area - would drive to baltimore if a better itinirary/price - no specific cruise line - last time we went on RCCL -

THANK U

I find it easiest to deal directly with the cruise line. I have booked several times through travel agents and have found that if you know what you want/need its harder to make it happen through a TA. If you book through a cruise line you can call 24/7 and always speak with someone. If you need special accommodations you can call the special needs department yourself and make sure it gets done (which it never seems to be done through a TA).

I book directly with RCCL. They do run specials where you get an onboard credit and the deposit is half of the normal deposit. I have a cruise booked out of NJ to Bermuda this October, and am waiting on them to put out their 2013 schedule! I've been tossing the idea of whether to do another cruise in 2013 or go to Niagara Falls.

When we book Disney we usually go through the cruise line. However, we sail other lines we go through americandiscountcruises.com. We did our research before and they seemed to be relatively positive. We just booked a princess cruise and saved about $400.00 from the cruise line price and also received an onboard credit. I checked yesterday and we are all registered on the princess site with all our information. Hope that helps.

I booked mine directly with RC and then transferred it to Costco travel for on board credit. ($190) I did this because Costco charges a $25 change fee to changes in price etc. You get 60 days from when you create the booking to transfer it. That way I can watch rooms/prices and make changes via Royal for as long as possible.

In the past I booked with Vacations to Go and they were fine.

Just remember that once a travel agency gets your ressie, you can't do anything via customer service at the cruise line. You will have to call the agency for any/everything. They basically "own" your reservation. Booking directly gives you total control.

I book all of mine directly with the cruise lines. I've found that gives me better control over cabin choices, etc. My first cruise was booked through a TA and my cabin was directly across from the hot and noisy passenger laundry room. Never again....

I have a great TA that I use. They are always on top of all of the best deals and keep an eye out for price drops for me too. Plus it helps to know they are always on top of any new regulations and such. So while it is perfectly fine to book on your own - just be sure you feel comfortable that you know all the ins and outs that a good TA would know.:thumbsup2

I book through the cruise line because I like having control of the reservation.

We used cruisecompete. Different agencies compete for the lowest bid. We got a great deal through them for our Hawaii cruise. Much better deal than I was able to get directly with the cruiseline. I did tons of research however. Cruise critic is a great forum board to check out if you haven't. Good luck!

After a bad experience with an on-line travel agency (they took our money, never paid the cruise line and then closed up shop), I now only book directly through the cruise lines themselves. I like being in charge of my own reservation.

crucon.com - Wendy.

You can choose the cabin you want when you use an agent, the rates are the same or less than if you book through the cruise line, but usually agencies offer cruise credit.

For our upcoming Princess cruise we are getting the same rates as Princess is offering but getting an additional $250 cabin credit from crucon.

My mother goes on 2-3 RCCL cruises a year, she uses Cruise Brothers (her agent is a husband & wife team) and has always been happy. Plus she always gets a bottle of wine in her cabin and most of the time they get her an on-board credit or free specialty dining, etc... The agents keep an eye out for price drops, makes sure she gets first seating for dinner, etc...

When we went on our Disney Dream cruise we had to book through Cruises Only since we were converting Marriott points- they handle all Marriott cruise bookings. Worst. Agency. Ever. They never returned calls (we are talking weeks would go by), had no clue when we could book specialty dining, etc... They were worthless to me, plus no perks when we got on board like with our regular "family" agent.

After a bad experience with an on-line travel agency (they took our money, never paid the cruise line and then closed up shop), I now only book directly through the cruise lines themselves. I like being in charge of my own reservation.

Here is how you get around the money thing... I booked a cruise on RCCL and got the RCCL credit card. The agent had to pay the cruise line directly with my card so I could get the double points- no money went to the agency.

I always book directly with the cruise line. The only reason I'd book with a travel agent or site like cruise critic or cruise.com is because they offer on board credits when you book that the cruise line doesn't.

I used crucon once when I booked early saver rates on Carnival. Crucon has a cancellation charge but since I was booking a fare with a nonrefundable deposit I figured I wouldn't be changing. The agents are OK here but when you call you have to leave a msg and then they call you back. They didn't get me a better rate than what I could get online for a NCL cruise so I didn't end up using them again.

When I cruised on NCL I used crown cruise. I actually went to cruise compete and they were one of the better offers and had AWESOME reviews. Also no cancellation charges and the agents were SO friendly and helpful. I would definitely use them again.

I opened a TA so I could book my own. That is the only way I am sure I am getting the best deal.

The last 2 cruises. I knew the cruise I wanted to go on and the dates (as we have to go over the kids spring break). Then I look at a bunch of online sites as well as the cruiselines site to get an idea of pricing for the cabin I want. Then I submit a request at cruisecompete.com. Within a day or 2 I usually have pricing from 6-8 different agencies. I then compare the rates along with OBC's some of them offer to get the best rate. Going on the Allure in March that I booked that way and saved over $400 over what everyone else was offering. The agency booked the cruise and the payment went directly to the cruiseline. I have spoken to the agent a few times and he is very nice. Just another option to try.

Being only on my first cruise I booked it myself. We used Royal Carribean. Next time I WILL use an agent. When u r green u don't get it. :cutie:

Unless things have changed recently, to the best of my knowledge there is only one cruise ship at the Port of Baltimore. It's a Carnival ship and it's an older one. I don't recall which ship. But I guess things could change between now and 2013. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter