Who are you using for pre arrival testing?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
I didn’t think about the 72 hour testing requirement and weekend shipping. I am currently scheduled to fly on Tuesday 11:00am Central so that means a Saturday test at noon Eastern. It looks like the American Airlines partner lab offers Saturday UPS pickups, that should work but seems like cutting it close.

Another option is Vault Health but they currently say they don’t recommend themselves for travelers flying on Tuesday or Wednesday.

But I am thinking about changing everything to fly out on Monday so that the test occurs on Friday.

I guess the rules could change come July as well.

I am not sure what to do.

We are traveling at the end of June and if testing options don't change we will use Walgreens ID Now test. Vault is another option for us since we fly on a Monday.

My current plan is to do Vault (we have a Friday flight, mid-February) because they let you do a saliva test (as opposed to nasal swab), but I'm going to schedule back-up rapid tests at Walgreens in case we dont get our Vault info back timely. There's also a back-up, back-up plan involving staying in LA overnight and getting a rapid test done at LAX. I'd really rather not do that option as I'd almost certainly loose a bunch of (at that point, non-refundable) reservations, but beggers can't be choosers.

I didn't realize Walgreens offered an approved rapid test, the ID NOW test. I checked and my local Walgreens offer Saturday appointments. I think that is what we will use and I don't have to make any changes to the hotel or air.

I do wonder how big a pain it will be to get 6 people scheduled?

I didn't realize Walgreens offered an approved rapid test, the ID NOW test. I checked and my local Walgreens offer Saturday appointments. I think that is what we will use and I don't have to make any changes to the hotel or air.

I do wonder how big a pain it will be to get 6 people scheduled?

I would probably log in on multiple devices to get consecutive appointment times. We are testing in CT and now that holiday travel is over the appointments are not being taken as quickly.

Just a quick question - what is pre-arrival testing? I'm in NY and we have option to test on way back to shorten quarantine. I wasn't aware of testing needed before going to FL.

Flying in a couple of weeks on Sat morning from NYC. Ordered Vault and will test on Wed morning. My backup plan will be rapid test at JFK airport on Friday. Walgreen and Costco are not options cause we don't have a car to drive to NJ. Plus they already said they can't guarantee 72 hrs return. The urgent center here said they don't have enough kits so that's out too. Fingers crossed.

I did Walgreens rapid ID test 3 days prior. Had results in an hour to my email. I had vault as a backup and cancelled it. Will just use those kits for a future requirement

So we're stressing now about flying out on a Wednesday for our April Trip. Nothing gets done on Sunday's and Monday is too late. Our Walgreens don't do them (i guess since we don't have many) so it seems there's no backup plan to be had.

We had it worked around people's work schedules nut now we may have to cut trip a day short and go Thur? Too much stress not knowing if the test will come back in time. What a mess. And no idea if it will change by then. And of course flights are more now plus the added cost of 5 tests.

And this is the third time we've scheduled this trip! Need to make it work or lose a lot of points and airfare $$$. So at this point, I think we just have to bite the bullet and change to Thur.

Has anyone had any experience flying out on a Wed without Walgreens?

Anyone here used GoHealth Urgent Care? This is by far the closest and easiest sounding testing situation for us, but looking for others with experience. We are in St. Louis.

We are testing through United. Since we are flying with them, that seemed to make sense.
This makes the most sense to us as well. The only problem I see is getting an appointment that we don't have to take off work for. We're both teachers and there are no subs so...

Costco also has saliva tests. There are talks of changes in the next couple of months, especially if you can prove you had the vaccine.

Costco also has saliva tests. There are talks of changes in the next couple of months, especially if you can prove you had the vaccine.
I'm just worried that we won't have results in time from the Costco test. Our flight is at 11:30 am on a Saturday so we would have to test after 11:30 on Wednesday. Overnighting the test back would put it there sometime on Thursday. If it takes 48 hours for the results, that might put us past the 11:30 flight time.

Yes I stress too much about these things!

I'm just worried that we won't have results in time from the Costco test. Our flight is at 11:30 am on a Saturday so we would have to test after 11:30 on Wednesday. Overnighting the test back would put it there sometime on Thursday. If it takes 48 hours for the results, that might put us past the 11:30 flight time.

Yes I stress too much about these things!
I have read the same thing about Costco and don't know if they have improved turn around or not. Do you have a Walgreens near you where you could get ID Now Test or use Vault?

I have read the same thing about Costco and don't know if they have improved turn around or not. Do you have a Walgreens near you where you could get ID Now Test or use Vault?

We do have a Walgreens a short distance from work that has the ID Now Test. We have Kaiser and they will cover the cost. Kaiser is still saying they cannot guarantee the results in 72 hours so they advise an alternative route.

Thanks!

Researching a bit more we will not be able to use the XpresCheck through United as the Denver testing site is past security. So Walgreens or Vault it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter