White Rose, White Rose! A Yorkshireman in Orlando, Day Two (Travel Day!)

PudseyChancer

Mouseketeer
Having been entertained all night by a symphony of snoring, coughs, and other, as yet undefined noises coming from my delightful lady travellers, I awoke at 6am full of the joys of a Florida holiday. Our transfer over to the airport was relatively easy (though given that it was only half a mile or so, that shouldn't have been too difficult, even in this country!) On the coach were a couple travelling to Cuba, and our thoughts turned to them frequently during our holidays, with Cuba being affected by all three hurricanes during out two weeks away.

We skipped though check-in and security, (though I'm not sure my Morecombe and Wise skip went down that well with the guard!), cursory glances at the Duty Free and WH Smiths, and a passable attempt at breakfast later, we were sat glued to the departures board, eagerly awaiting our departure gate. Having never been delayed previously, there was no-one in the airport more outraged than me when I discovered that of two late departing planes that morning, both were Thomas Cook, and one of those was ours.

Having quickly organised a leaflet campaign in the departure lounge alerting fellow travellers to the similarities between Thomas Cook and a piece of cheese, I sulked in the corner for four hours, until we were finally on our way. The pilots well meaning jibe about the late departure was lost on me, I wasn't in the mood for his cajoling, especially as it had ruined our plans for our arrival, we would now be getting into Sanford at approx 9pm.

Morale was raised when it was revealed that the family film would be Dumb and Dumber, surely one of the funniest films from the last twenty years. Unbelievably, it was made even funnier by some of the cuts to ensure its suitability for the family audience, I nearly choked on my bread roll when Harry asked Lloyd to 'kiss his sandwich - both lips, both cheeks', on a plane delayed by four hours, it felt good to be the only passenger rolling around, laughing in the aisles.

We arrived at Sanford, and upon leaving the plane, we were hit by that wonderful wall of heat, though having sat behind a bloke that had obviously had curry the previous evening, it had been a re-occurring theme throughout the day for me. The beauty of Sanford is the ability to absolutely sail through all the checks, MCO might be closer to Disney, but it was an absolute dream to sail straight through and be out at the doors in no time. We found our transfer company, American Coaches (thanks to a DIS tip), and we were first on the bus.

Unfortunately, Donna the driver wouldn't leave all the others who had also booked on the coach (though having had to wait four hours for us, she was severely tempted!), there were a couple of drop-offs at International Drive, I pointed out the Sheraton Four Points to Mel and Char in the seat behind (where we were to be staying next year), only to be met by appreciative snores and general non-acknowledgement.

Driving down to Disney, we were treated first to the Seaworld fireworks, and then an awesome lightning display from mother nature herself, a sure sign that we had arrived in Orlando! Check-in at All Star Sports was straight-forward, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room, which looked like it had been recently renovated, and we fair collapsed onto the bed after a straight 21 hours on our feet. We ordered a Meat feat pizza to the room which was lovely, and it was with some relief that we all fell into an instant, deep sleep!

Tomorrow - Magic Kingdom!

HILARIOUS:rotfl: I also love being met by Orlando's wall of heat- not sure about the version you had to endure on the plane :sad2: good for you to skip through the airport :cool1:

Really like your sense of humour...........off to read the next installment.

Funny, very very funny. The wall of heat comment made me smile, just love that feeling AHHHHHHH!!!
Looking forward to more.

1999 - Quality Inn, Kissimmee.(21 Nights)
2003 - Howard Johnson, Kissimmee (14 Nights) (Married during our stay)
2005 - Quality Inn, Kissimmee. (14 Nights)
2006 - Quality Inn, Kissimmee. (21 Nights)
2007 - Howard Johnson, Kissimmee. (21 Nights)
2008 - Howard Johnson, Kissimmee. (21 Nights)
2009 - Howard Johnson, (7 Nights), Disney ASMu (21 Nights) (28 Nights total)

Having been entertained all night by a symphony of snoring, coughs, and other, as yet undefined noises coming from my delightful lady travellers, I awoke at 6am full of the joys of a Florida holiday.

Ain't that the truth! Fairer sex my ...... well, they're just not as fair as they make themselves out to be. :thumbsup2

Very much enjoying the report.

Kev

I have a question about the film Dumb and Dumber - what did they dub in for the answer to the joke what do you get when you cross a bull dog with a ****zu???? Just out of interest thats all!!! :)

Eagerly awaiting the answer,

Cath, a Yorkshire girl also, born in Halifax. :thumbsup2

love your sense of humour too. It is really so awful those delays watching all the other travellers going to their gate, while just staying put.

Sounds heaven arriving at your hotel and have a pizza delivered to your room.

susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter