White Rose, White Rose! A Yorkshireman in Orlando, Day Six (Epcot)

PudseyChancer

Mouseketeer
Up and at 'em fairly early again today, we arrived at Epcot at 9.30am - we flipped for the first ride, and once Mel had picked herself up we headed for Soarin'. It was a fairly short queue, and we were soon loading up, I was gutted to find we were assigned to the furthest seats on the far right side, in the middle, therefore we'd have feet dangling above us, and even worse, the effect was lost because I could see the two CM's operating the ride below me, also the edge of the screen which totally spoilt the experience.

I forgot about it once I'd had breakfast at the land, we wandered over to living with the land which was extremely interesting, though I had mixed feelings about the manipulation of plants etc, some of it, though promoted as a good thing, seemed a little unnatural to me, symbolised by the Mickey shaped vegetables. This surprised me as I didn't think I held militant vegetation views!

We did the Seas with Nemo and Turtle Talk before walking over to Test Track and getting a fastpass, we walked over to Ellen's Energy Adventure - this was another first for me and whilst I'm not Ellen's biggest fan, the ride part of it was totally unexpected and even though it was fairly long (45 minutes), it was really enjoyable.

Back home we've been trying out Mexican cooking so we were looking forward to something to eat at Cantina de San Angel, we shared some nacho's and combination platters which were really tasty, though a little less spicy then I'm used to. I declined a Dos Equis as we were headed onto Test Track (and we all know about the perils of drink driving!) and the weather had suddenly gone quite overcast, we made it to the front just as the announcement came over about inclement weather over the park, I think we were just about the last car out on the track before it was temporarily suspended, the smug grin wiped off my face when the first raindrop hit me and nearly took my eye out! Trust me, it's not a ride you want to do in the rain!

We then started to wander round the world, starting with the Grand Fiesta tour at Mexico, moving on to China though this seemed to be partially shut down, though I thought the terracotta warriors were great. As we got to Germany the weather improved somewhat and we had a beer before moving on to America. We managed to catch the Liberty singers from the start who were superb, we really enjoyed their songs though apparently, according to Mel, the 'soprano was flat' - I myself hadn't seen James Gandolfini in the crowd, but I imagine that he would have been flat after coming to terms with the end of his television series, ah well. We then watched the American Adventure which I found fascinating, though I think there were a few Brits in the audience who didn't like the Brit-bashing!

We then wandered briefly through Morocco, the theming is really good here I feel, and then a cursory glance at France, after all, we're only 26 miles over the water from the French and even that's a little too close for comfort. Finally over to the UK, where we were amazed that the Rose and Crown had not yet been replaced by a Bargain Booze store, surely it's only a matter of time! We were lucky enough to catch the British Invasion (or was it Oasis?) playing in the bandstand, and then wandered through the shops, where I queried the lack of Leeds United shirts, to no avail. We ended our Epcot experience by watching O Canada, and again, I really enjoyed it, it's absolutely fantastic even though you do feel a bit daft constantly rotating round with your mouth gaping open at the awesome views.

We were absolutely shattered after a long day and didn't feel that we would be able to keep upright for the fireworks, so we retired to the room intending to go to the food hall, however we weren't particularly hungry and an episode of Seinfeld later and we were once again knocking out the zeds...

Tomorrow - Labor Day and Karma pays us back!

Love the Test Track comment, love the reports, next report please.

1999 - Quality Inn, Kissimmee.(21 Nights)
2003 - Howard Johnson, Kissimmee (14 Nights) (Married during our stay)
2005 - Quality Inn, Kissimmee. (14 Nights)
2006 - Quality Inn, Kissimmee. (21 Nights)
2007 - Howard Johnson, Kissimmee. (21 Nights)
2008 - Howard Johnson, Kissimmee. (21 Nights)
2009 - Howard Johnson, (7 Nights), Disney ASMu (21 Nights) (28 Nights total)

Another great day!!

BTW - I'm a leeds fan too - I was at the Swindon game on Sat - in case you havent heard we had Sheehan sent off after 5 minutes but still beat them 3-1

MOT

though I had mixed feelings about the manipulation of plants etc, some of it, though promoted as a good thing, seemed a little unnatural to me, symbolised by the Mickey shaped vegetables. This surprised me as I didn't think I held militant vegetation views!

We managed to catch the Liberty singers from the start who were superb, we really enjoyed their songs though apparently, according to Mel, the 'soprano was flat' - I myself hadn't seen James Gandolfini in the crowd, but I imagine that he would have been flat after coming to terms with the end of his television series, ah well.

Hilarious!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Got to agree with you about O Canada - I always feel an idiot trying to see it all around and I always want to sing along too, but I love that film

Tammy

. . . I had mixed feelings about the manipulation of plants etc, some of it, though promoted as a good thing, seemed a little unnatural to me, symbolised by the Mickey shaped vegetables. This surprised me as I didn't think I held militant vegetation views!

The pumpkins forced to conform to unnatural shapes alway creep me out a little, too. Just because we can do something doesn't necessarily mean we should! I'm enjoying your editorial comments as much as the report of your trip. Thanks for the smiles.

Sounds like you had a excellent epcot day. Thank you for your great report

susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter