White Rose, White Rose! A Yorkshireman in Orlando, Day Four (Hollywood Studios))

PudseyChancer

Mouseketeer
I treated myself to a lie-in this morning, rising regally at 8am, but this was far too early for the two Princesses, and so I wandered off to get a coffee and a paper. It was extremely busy in the foyer and the queues for Magic Kingdom buses were huge, there seemed to be a lot of American flags on t-shirts, and other accessories, which in my naievity, I put down to being in America. A small amount of investigation revealed that the swimmer Michael Phelps was putting in an appearance at MK and so I made the executive decision to got to Hollywood Studios and take advantage of low(er) crowds.

Giving the girls 45 minutes notice to get ready meant that I only had to wait another 30 minutes for them to be ready, the bus magically appeared as we approached the stop and we were on our way.

We did the age old trick of heading straight for Tower of Terror, we got a fastpass and went for the shorter queue at Aerosmith. A quick blast in a limo later we were sat in a darkened service elevator, I offered to hold Char's mist sprayer as any responsible adult would, yet I childishly pointed the finger at Char when my loose control of said sprayer saw it rise rapidly as we descended just as quickly. I managed to catch it just in time, though close inspection as we exited the ride revealed that the two batteries must've gone flying out mid-ride, so I will take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of Charlotte, for any extra shocks my fellow passengers may have received. Any legal correspondence should be addressed to Charlotte.

We foolishly wandered round to Pixar Studios to go on Toy Story Mania, but as it was now 11am, all the fast passes had gone for the day and the wait was over two hours, we all agreed that the blame for this should be Mel's. We went instead to One Man's Dream - I do find it really interesting, both myself and Mel had watched a Walt Disney Treasure dvd on Disneyland California and really enjoyed getting some detailed info on WDW Florida first hand, I loved the mock up of Walt's office. We then went to Magic of Disney animation, which again was interesting, it was based around Mushu and was very funny and entertaining.

Next was the Great Movie Ride, at the start of the ride I mentioned that I had only every had the 'gangster' version to the girls, as if to prove me a liar, low and behold we had the 'western' version. All was going well until the ride broke down part way through the Alien section, after twenty minutes of being terrorised the lights came on and we were asked to get off the ride and walk back through to the entrance, this was an excellent opportunity to take a little more time than normal in the sections and we took it in full. I paid the price in the gangster section when a mobster produced a gun from the shadows and told me to "Get out of my yard, you rat"! Both myself and Mel agreed that this was the first time we had ever enjoyed a ride breaking down!

We had lunch at the Backlot express and went on to Star Tours, and my favourite, The Muppets. We then queued for half an hour for the backlot tour which was a major disappointment, I would guess that both the CM's on the tour were new, or fairly new, and they were clearly nervous and missed their cue on numerous occasions, on the tour through the backlot it was more obvious and I left feeling that I had missed some of the info.

We wandered back through the park and did a little perusing of the shops as it had started raining, by the time we got back to ASSp it had stopped so we spent a couple of hours in the pool.

We sloped off back to the room and after a shower we fell into the trap of laying on the bed and watching the telly, a crime that should be punishable by death, however we settled for room service, pizza, wings and Coors. In our defence, I think because we had access to extra hours, we didn't feel the need to be sprinting round the parks each and every day, and I think for the first time on a Florida holiday, I was able to relax a little more. It's exactly why any more holidays in the future will include an on-site stay.

Tomorrow - Super League, Super Leeds & a visit to the Yachtsman!

Another good day.
Next!!!

1999 - Quality Inn, Kissimmee.(21 Nights)
2003 - Howard Johnson, Kissimmee (14 Nights) (Married during our stay)
2005 - Quality Inn, Kissimmee. (14 Nights)
2006 - Quality Inn, Kissimmee. (21 Nights)
2007 - Howard Johnson, Kissimmee. (21 Nights)
2008 - Howard Johnson, Kissimmee. (21 Nights)
2009 - Howard Johnson, (7 Nights), Disney ASMu (21 Nights) (28 Nights total)

. . . we didn't feel the need to be sprinting round the parks each and every day, and I think for the first time on a Florida holiday, I was able to relax a little more. It's exactly why any more holidays in the future will include an on-site stay.

You've got it! Welcome to the Club.

next you will be buying DVC!!

Great day and a wonderful way to spend an evening (even if it doesn't involve Raglan Road.

Susan

Another lovely day. It is always fatal if you lie down on the bed with the tv on after a busy day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter