Whispering Canyon Cafe?

disneydragon

DIS Veteran
I'm getting the idea that there are some sort of games or races or something that happen at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Do they "make" everyone participate, give you a hard time if you don't join in? What's the story with this restaurant?

If you are easily embarrassed......this is not the restaurant for you. If you can remember you are at Disney - and can go with the flow - you will have one of your best dining experiences ever.

I wouldn't miss it!

There are many antics which go on at WCC. You might see stick horse races, all the men singing I'm a Little Teapot, pointing out people who arrive later than the rest of their group, hollering for catsup and probably other things I have not seen before. I have seen some people sit near the lobby side and not participate without a problem.

I'm embarassed pretty easily, but I still loved Whispering Canyon. We've been there 3 times - kids really get into the antics, but the servers could tell I'm shy and backed off from me. I thought the food was consistently good and I've always had a great time. It's a great place for BBQ, but I'm not sure about the other menu items.

Kids love it...they get cool bandana bibs or hats, get to ride in stick-pony races, get to "help" the servers, and there's a great worms n-dirt dessert, too.

If you do go, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!

Is it just during lunch and dinner that these things happen, or do they entertain for breakfast too? Just curious, since I tend to be more introverted.:o
Enid

don't be afraid it is all in good fun . had to do horse race around
entire resteraurnt first time and had a ball. I am very shy myself
but it really was fun.

Ketchup, Ketchup, we need ketchup over here!! Look out, here comes 15 bottles of ketchup.;)
There was a waitress at the table next to us and she introduced herself to them as "Hi, they call me Head of Lettuce." Well, I start cracking up, and she looked over to me and said, "What are you laughing at lady? I don't know you. Do you know this lady?" It was hysterical.

I had Hedda Lettuce as my server last time- she WAS a crack up! Loved her and loved the restaurant. Two thumbs up. I've been 3 times and have had a fun time and great food each visit.

It's a very entertaining place as long as you don't go with a "it's all about me" attitude!

It's a fun place and at our favorite resort, but remember that it is a very loud/ busy place. We had fun but were very tired the first time we went and it was really a bit much for us. The games and songs and jokes are a lot of fun, but they also create a LOT of noise just to be making noise!! We will return and really do like the place but were not prepared for what we were getting into the first time that we went.

Jordan's mom

We went here in June and really liked it - excellent meatloaf! I think the CM's know who they can "pick" on and who to leave alone. DD, who was 4 at the time, went running off with the other kids to race, DS, 8 at the time, didn't want to be bothered and they left him alone.

There was one guy who ordered a pepsi and the waitress announced it to everyone and we all had to say - SHAME, SHAME! :)

If you want a quiet place for a meal then don't go there!

Jill

We went last week and had a group of 3 adults and 4 children. We had a great time. Our server was on the tame side, but we still got in the fun of things. Before she got to our table everyone had their napkins tied around their face like a hold up. We were seated on the railing near the lobby. Our server didn't pick on anyone individually, maybe you could ask for a server that doesn't get too loud.

Just made my PS for this for lunch...from what ya'll have posted...looks like we'll have a great time.

This place can be alot of fun IF you are in the mood to have fun!!! Once I excused my self to use the restroom ( which is located outside of the resturant) and when I returned I was asked, by a CM/server who was holding the microphone, if I had remembered to wash my hands. I usually am not easily embarassed but this caught me a little off guard. I replied I had indeed washed my hands and he said "Prove it. What color was the soap used in the restroom?" Thank God I remembered!! He had the entire resturant applaud my good manners. A bit embarassing!!!

Also my MIL had a terrible headache and many of the servers felt it necessary to "gallop" their tray jacks on the wooden floor. She ate her meal and left. Not that that is an entirely bad thing! LOL But our dessert time was rather enjoyable. (Just kidding. I love my MIL!)

Whipering Canyon is a really fun place but a REALLY LOUD place too!! I think it's rather amusing that they call this place "Whispering" anything!!! LOL

I was so excited about our PS's for Whispering Canyon, but ended up very disappointed. My 3.5 yr old son had been having trouble with the how loud things were all week, but this place put him over the edge. He had earplugs in and he still proceeded to put his hands over his ears at this place. It is off to the side of the Wilderness Lodge entry which is like 5 stories high, so it is very loud and echoy. My son could not handle this place! They have a very loud microphone that they use throughout your entire meal and we didn't seem to think many of the thinkgs they were doing were that funny. Many of the other smaller children in the restaurant seemed to be acting out too. Me saw many families trying to control their toddlers. I think it is more suited for school age. On the upside of this restaurant...when the CM saw the difficulty my DS was having, they went out of their way to find us a table in a different part of the restaurant that wasn't as noisy, so we were able to finish our meals in piece. Food was OK, but not as good as some of the others we had that week. It is really just a bbq. Think twice if you have sensitive children.

We had breakfast here a couple of weeks ago, when we entered we asked for a quiet section of the restaurant, and mentioned we weren't in the mood for any antics!

The food is fun (I love bbq) and the milkshakes are good - refillable.
The fun part of the restaurant is the various antics of the servers. This is an energetic (frantic?) group of CM's. It is loud, rowdy and a bit over the top (very over the top?).
I agree, very young children can be a bit intimadated and scared. I make a point of eating here at least every other trip (though it is getting more like every trip.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!