Whispering Canyon Cafe

rustyanchor

Mouseketeer
I have never been to Whispering Canyon Cafe and thought it sounded fun, so I made an ADR awhile back for the night of our arrival on an upcoming trip in February. However I have been reading that the menu has changed and that apparently people aren't happy with the new menu? Could someone tell me why the changes are bad? I read the new menu online and it still sounds pretty good to me. I'm wondering if the food is bad now and I should change our ADR to something else. If I do keep it, could someone recommend to me what foods are best for the skillet (out of the "pick 3" meats)? Thanks for any input. :)

There is no more skillet. It's now a "platter."

Lunch is now completely a la carte and dinner is all you can eat platter only (they do have a separate kids menu although kids can get the platter if they want it for $15.99)

I think some are just reacting to the changes and they much preferred the previous food and format. The changes made were pretty drastic, and were apparently designed to move guests through more quickly at dinner. If the menu looks good to you, there is no reason not to give it a try just because someone else doesn't think it looks good.

Okay, thanks. I guess what I was wondering specifically is if the quality of the food had gone down along with the menu changes or if it was just the loss of some menu items that had upset people enough to make them cancel their ADRs. I saw the menu before the changes and the "skillet"(now "platter") is probably what I would have ordered in the first place, and it doesn't look terribly different.

I can't vouch for the new dinner menu but we ate there for lunch yesterday. Everybody really liked their food and the quality was still very good. I did miss the skillet option, especially the sausages because they were so delicious!

I had the tuna melt and it was pretty delicious. My husband had the rib dinner and ate every bit of it, lol. We were also dining with friends who had just about everything else, nobody complained and all the food disappeared from their plates. The staff was hilarious and made me laugh so much. We even had the ketchup run end up on our table which was entertaining. I hadn't seen that happen in quite awhile.

We had lunch there yesterday too!! (maybe my kids brought you ketchup, Deb ;))
I agree, the food was yummy. We also ordered room service several nights ago which I was told comes from the WCC kitchen. The ribs and chicken dinner were amazing.

We had lunch there yesterday too!! (maybe my kids brought you ketchup, Deb ;))
I agree, the food was yummy. We also ordered room service several nights ago which I was told comes from the WCC kitchen. The ribs and chicken dinner were amazing.

No way!!! We were there around 1-2 and were sitting in the back at a big round table. I know the kids that brought us ketchup came from somewhere near the front/center. They were so cute about it, lol. We eventually gave ours to the table next to us, maybe that was you?? It was really fun and I had missed seeing it happen! :goodvibes

I'm just not happy with the limited choice at dinner. For me, my husband and 12 year old daughter, dinner there will be over $100. If I wanted to spend that, I would ave booked Chef Mickey's that night. Now it's too late to get in anywhere else.

We had dinner there a couple weeks ago and said we'd never go back. Adults are forced now to get the skillet or platter or whatever they're calling it. Food was just 'blah.' Plus it was our second time there and honestly, that whole ketchup thing seemed very annoying this time around..

Fortunately we are on the free dining plan, so this shouldn't have any impact on us. We've eaten there once before and thought the food was good, not spectacular but good. I remember my pop refill coming in a gallon jug! Now going with 3 kids, the entertainment for us, for this particular dining reservation, is equal to or more important than the food.

We went in September and were disappointed that the food quality seemed to be lacking moreso than in previous visits (we went every trip). The real reason I wanted to go was because of their apple pie. One of my favorite desserts on all of property. Of course we booked it for our upcoming trip and then I read they got rid of all their original desserts from dinner and give you no choice now but their samler. So disappointing. Now we are scrambling trying to find somewhere else to go that evening. I did see you can still order it at lunch so I think we may give lunch a try. One thing I particularly don't like is the fact that they took away all other options. DH used to get the skillet (which they used to have awesome potatoes now they are just dry and yuck) and my mom & I would get a different entree to split. No more of that so no more WC for us. I don't like change, lol!

No way!!! We were there around 1-2 and were sitting in the back at a big round table. I know the kids that brought us ketchup came from somewhere near the front/center. They were so cute about it, lol. We eventually gave ours to the table next to us, maybe that was you?? It was really fun and I had missed seeing it happen! :goodvibes

:rotfl2: I know exactly where you were! We arrived right about when you gave the ketchup to the table next to you. It was DH & me, my mom in a wheelchair and two young kids.

What's funny is that we almost didn't make it to WCC at all, based on recommendations here. I had two dinner reservations that I cancelled in lieu of time at the parks. In retrospect, I kind of wish we'd kept the dinner ressies since the atmosphere was so much fun.

I remember my pop refill coming in a gallon jug! Now going with 3 kids, the entertainment for us, for this particular dining reservation, is equal to or more important than the food.

My drink did too! Maybe since I was the only one at the table who ordered pop.

This trip, I thought most of the food was mediocre aside from F&W booths, 50s Prime Time Cafe and WCC ribs. So to have the entertainment addition at WCC made it worthwhile.

We ate dinner there twice last year and we really enjoyed it. The food was a lot better then it was inside most of the parks.

We ate there a week or so after the menu changed. We had no idea that the menu changed until it was handed to us. We were so disappointed as I was craving the horseradish pot roast. It is silly they even give you a menu anymore. The food was ok, nothing special anymore. We in fact had a second adr scheduled during our trip in which we cancelled. It is a shame as we had so many great members there and it just didnt seem like home this time around there.

We liked it so much before. I don't understand them changing great offerings. Does cost cutting really pay-off in the end when so many stop repeating. It's off my list now.

We ate lunch there last week and enjoyed it. It was quiet - maybe 1:15 or so, not many tables filled. The antics were pretty calm. The waiter was a charming kind of funny (Jeffro!). DH had an awesome burger and bottomless shake. I had the bet (and prettiest) open face tuna melt....served on grilled sourdough and drizzled with balsamic.

Well after a little deliberation, taking into account the replies on this thread, other posts I have seen, and some unfavorable recent reviews, I decided to cancel our ADR for WCC. :( I would actually like to try the lunch there, but after seeing some pictures of the new "platter" I was not impressed at all with the looks of the dinner food. I moved some ADRs around and now we are doing 'Ohana on our first night instead (which I know comes with its own mixed reviews, but I have never been and have wanted to go for a long time, so I'm definitely trying it!).

We ate dinner there last year and the menu was great after making reservations for our upcoming trip I am considered canceling, we go in 2 days so we shall see....

We cancelled our reservations based on the recent menu changes too but I just checked today and the wdwinfo site has the old menu back with the 10/12 date as last updated. I *thought* they had the "new" menu not too long ago. Has Disney changed it back already?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter