WEDcryoHEAD

Bump stocks & Giggle switches
I did a search and I see threads on drink reviews and tastings and things like that, but I thought it would be interesting to have a thread on Whiskeys / Bourbons and Whiskey / Bourbon drinks. Favorite Whiskeys / Bourbons, Manhattans vs. Old Fashioned, drink recipes, etc.

I have been drinking Old Fashioneds for years . I usually make them with either Four Roses or Whistle Pig piggy back, home made simple syrup, orange bitters and orange peel. I have also found using proper #12 is also tasty even though its an Irish Whiskey and not a Bourbon.

Lately I have been making Manhattans using Johnnie Walker High Rye, Cinzano Vermouth, Angostura Bitters, a moonshine cherry and a splash of the cherry juice.

Please let me know what you guys use and share some recipes.

Does not have to be limited to Old Fashioneds and Manhattans. Share your favorites.

Cheers.

I am not a whiskey drinker at all, but my DH is. He likes a good old fashion, but mostly just a couple fingers, neat. He enjoys trying different bourbons, and has quite a large collection of bottles. There are a few he has a very hard time getting, and some are just priced too high and he won’t pay what they are charging.

My DH enjoys Kentucky Mules...basically a Moscow Mule but made with bourbon instead of vodka. Fresh lime juice, ginger beer, bourbon and ice.

I’m all about Fireball - I love Fireball 🔥

ETA….even though I love it, I hardly drink it - my last Fireball was on Thanksgiving.

I like scotch.
For something easy to drink, the blended Monkey Shoulder is pretty good.
I like peaty ones, and whilst you can spend a lot more, I always think Laphroaigh takes some beating.

DH really likes Whistlepig and Buffalo Trace. He got a bottle of Cut Spike for Christmas from DD#1, which isn't too bad.

Bittermilk (link) makes a great smoked honey whiskey sour base, and a bourbon barrel aged old fashioned base. (I also like their charred grapefruit tonic base.) They also sell the Barcoop Bevy stuff; DH likes the Ginger Smash and I like the Grapefruit Margarita. We didn't care for the Burnt Sugar Syrup; it has a weird aftertaste; and we didn't like the Oaxacan old fashioned.

ETA: If one is traveling, the Filthy stuff (link) is ok. We got the prepack cherries and they held up well on vacation; the syrup isn't very good but it's passable. The Margarita stuff was decent.

Does Jack and coke count? over ice like a heathen 🤣

I've literally never ordered any of those fancy drinks, I'm a fan of simplicity I guess. Hooch is hooch, right? Long Island iced tea does the job, I guess there's rum in that.

I’m all about Fireball - I love Fireball 🔥

ETA….even though I love it, I hardly drink it - my last Fireball was on Thanksgiving.
While in Epcot, on a 120% humidity night in August. I got a frozen lemonade with fireball. They asked single or double shot, I went double. Not sure if it was because I was melting or what, but it was so refreshing. I'm generally not a sweet drink person but for some reason I just really enjoyed that one. I do however love cinnamon.

I think I actually got it at the Joffrey's stand near the Canada pavilion.

Last October I had the Irish Whiskey Flight at the Rose & Crown. The Tullamore Dew was quite tasty.
yep Tullamore Dew is good. Of the Irish Whiskeys my favorite three in order are RedBreast, Tullamore Dew and Jameson. Of course I will try any Irish Whiskey. As far as Bourbons go my favorite hands down is EH Taylor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter