Which Wyndham Bonnet Creek?

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
I have come across two Wyndham Bonnet Creek resorts that appear down the road from each other on the map. Which one is the one with the Pirate ship slide? I have seen rooms with bunk beds at a resort and then I’ve seen condo style rooms. Which is the one people rave about on the forums and is also Disney affiliated?

There is only one Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort. It is a timeshare resort that you can get reservations from many places, the best being its owners. This is the resort that is most raved about and has its own thread because of the value you get for its space and location.

The Wyndham Grand hotel is located in the middle of WBC. It is a traditional luxury hotel. It does have some bunkbed rooms. WBC and the Grand share amenities, so you can pool hop, use the minigolf, etc.

These resorts are located next door to the Caribbean Beach resort. You can see WBC from the parking lot of Hollywood Studios right down the cable car line.

These resorts are not affiliated with Disney in any way. No 60 day fastpasses. You can use the Minnievans, however, if you pay.

Down the street from WBC and The Wyndham Grand is the Hilton Bonnet Creek. Another luxury hotel, this resort does offer the 60-day fastpass benefit.

Double check about the Wyndham Grand getting the 60 day FP. I think I read a couple months ago that it does now get that. Not the timeshare though.

Double check about the Wyndham Grand getting the 60 day FP. I think I read a couple months ago that it does now get that. Not the timeshare though.

Thank you! It’s on the Disney web site as a “Gateway Resort”. It says it includes limited benefits. I’m not sure what that means, though?

As stated, all together and share amenities around a lake.

Resort = "condos"with bedrooms, free parking, fee based shuttle to parks
Grand = hotel that have suites with bunks, resort fee ($35 per day), parking fee, free shuttle to parks

Only Bonnet Creek Hilton and Waldorf Astoria gain the Disney benefits such as 60 day FP+ and EMH. They are not in the circle around the lake but across the street. There is also another, Marriott being built and there are golf courses.

The Gateway Resorts ...
I believe the only advantage they offer is ability to sell a package with potential of some discounts depending how you book. Gateway and Good Neighbor have to meet certain standards to be approved by Disney but it's really not much more than a stamp of approval.

PERSONAL OPINION: I have stayed at Resort several times in two and one bedroom units. I would stay here every trip because of the space, kitchen, laundry, great amenities and location. I don't see an advantage to paying more for less at the hotel unless you really want housekeeping each day.

In photo the circle of buildings around lake is Resort and Wyndham Grand. Next to golf course is Hilton and Waldorf with Convention space. To far right is the new Marriott. Left side is Riviera at top, then Caribbean Beach then Disney laundry facility.

PHOTO CREDIT:
@bioreconstruct

Last edited:
What is the best way to book a room at this resort if you do not know an owner?

Every time we have stayed at Bonnet Creek, we booked through VRBO.
You don't need to know any owners, vrbo handles everything at there end.

The resort is gorgeous. I only wish transportation was better.

The best way is the way that works the best for you and your comfort level and needs.

Ebay, Redweek and Tugbbs are three places to start. Extraholidays.com is one of the ways Wyndham rents units.

I highly recommend Redweek. I got a 2 bedroom in August once for only $599 for the week. But don't expect that to be the norm. I only got that price because the owner needed to use the week or lose it. I was lucky. Also TUG and sometimes even SkyAuction has great rates. I set my budget to stay under $1000 a week for a 2 bedroom. I have been lucky to ALWAYS stay within that budget. You just have to be diligent in looking and use reputable sources. I have never had any issue with TUG or Redweek.

Every time we have stayed at Bonnet Creek, we booked through VRBO.
You don't need to know any owners, vrbo handles everything at there end.

The resort is gorgeous. I only wish transportation was better.
I used VRBO once and got a 3bedroom w/loft at Westgate Vacation Villas for only $399 for the week. I made sure my rental contract with the owner was not some type of promotional or presentation requirement. I couldn't believe it was so inexpensive without a hitch. But for Wyndham Bonnet Creek, I don't find VRBO owners to be reasonably priced. I do better for WBC on Redweek or TUG. I have stayed at WBC 4 times and never paid over $125/nite. Besides the owners inflated rates, I am curious to know if there is a separate fee to have VRBO "handle everything" for you? I do recall in my $399 Westgate stay, VRBO did get a the rental fee too. So in the end I paid a bit over $400 but still less than $500 for a unit that slept up to 10 people.

does anyone know if i have to pay for a redweek membership to inquire about a rental?
Yes, you need to create an account to look at the available rentals. If you want to contact someone regarding their rental, you’ll need to subscribe to the site.

Thank you so much! Is it all legit on redweek? I see a great price for the week I need but I am nervous to pull the trigger. Any advice is appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter