which would you pick?

lovemy2girls4eva

DIS Veteran
H&V breakfast 8:40 am (have a snack in between)
Trex dinner at 5:45

OR

H&V lunch at noon (have breakfast at AoA food court)

Will be on the dining plan.

my kids are not big on breakfast. just worried that H&V lunch options will be similar to Trex dining options. Thoughts?

Are your kids really hell bent on the characters at H&V? because I'd maybe do something quick service instead of H&V. Might be easier in the long run.

ugh I hear you......but unfortunately, this is a must for them.

If choosing between breakfast and lunch at H&V, I'd go with breakfast. It just seems like there's more for them to see eat and experience than at lunch.

If you do breakfast, you'll avoid menu similarities at TRex

H&V breakfast 8:40 am (have a snack in between)

I would go with this one. I don't think you'd be hungry enough to warrant a table service meal that soon after a big buffet lunch.

It may also depend on when you are going... I'm assuming you want to meet the Disney Junior characters. But it's my understanding that after from September lunch will be Minnie and friends and breakfast will be the only meal to feature the Disney Junior Characters.

I would go with this one. I don't think you'd be hungry enough to warrant a table service meal that soon after a big buffet lunch.

It may also depend on when you are going... I'm assuming you want to meet the Disney Junior characters. But it's my understanding that after from September lunch will be Minnie and friends and breakfast will be the only meal to feature the Disney Junior Characters.

we are going end of Aug.

we are going end of Aug.

Characters don't weigh into it then :)

So, really it just comes down to if you think you all could eat a TS meal a couple hours after a buffet lunch. Otherwise the credits will just go to waste.

But if lunch is what you think would suit your family best then go for it. Although there is some crossover with food options, you are bound to be able to find stuff on the Trex menu that you passed on/ wasn't available at lunch...

Personally I'd still go with breakfast though :)

Hi - may I ask the ages of your children? only because when my DD was 3 we took her to TRexx for dinner and she was so scared of the dark, noise, dinosaurs, etc. and couldn't wait to leave. she did however LOVE H & V... (and still does! :daisy:)

Hi - may I ask the ages of your children? only because when my DD was 3 we took her to TRexx for dinner and she was so scared of the dark, noise, dinosaurs, etc. and couldn't wait to leave. she did however LOVE H & V... (and still does! :daisy:)

my youngest will be 22 months

I wouldn't dare go near H&V again. The food is horrendous. That being said, I'd rather do breakfast there than dinner.
My kids love TRex and have since they were babies. We just ask not to sit in the ice cave.

I wouldn't dare go near H&V again. The food is horrendous. That being said, I'd rather do breakfast there than dinner.
My kids love TRex and have since they were babies. We just ask not to sit in the ice cave.

where do you recommend we sit then?

If your kids aren't really into breakfast, I would do the H&V lunch. My DS9 isn't into breakfast either and I found that eating a TS breakfast became a big waste of time and money (or TS credits, in this case). There is enough variety at H&V that there won't be a ton of overlap with the menu at TRex.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter