Which Would You Do???????

Minnie

DIS Veteran
We have narrowed down our summer trip to the following - which would you do and why????

(A) WL Courtyard - entire week

(B) BC/YC (2 nights) & WL (5 nights)

(C) Poly (2 nights) & WL (5 nights)

(D) Poly (2 nights) WL (3 nights) BC/YC (2 nights)

If we do the split the BC YC or Poly will all be standard and the WL will be standard or woods.

Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!

This is an easy one for me. Although many people love to resort hop, the last thing my family wants to do is get settled in one resort and then pack up and move to another. If we were splitting 5/5 maybe we would do it, but for just 2 days - no way. My choice would be WL entire week. I know I am probably in the minority, but I can try another resort next time. Good luck! :banana:

pinkminnie said:
This is an easy one for me. Although many people love to resort hop, the last thing my family wants to do is get settled in one resort and then pack up and move to another. If we were splitting 5/5 maybe we would do it, but for just 2 days - no way. My choice would be WL entire week. I know I am probably in the minority, but I can try another resort next time. Good luck! :banana:

I totally agree. I want to unpack once and get to the business of vacation. My vote is to stay at WL all week.

Have a great time no matter which way you go!

I agree on staying put - but I have 3 kids. I would enjoy staying the whole time at WL.

Maybe if you are just adults it would be no big deal to move. If you do want to do two, my pick would be WL and YC/BC. Especially if you want to have some good pool time.

Well, figuring we LOVE WL, and I wouldn't want to pack up either, one more vote for the entire week at WL!!!

Out of all your listed choices, I'd just stick with WL all week. As another poster said, it's much easier than having to re-pack and move. Besides, there is plenty of stuff to do at WL and you won't even get to do it all even over a week's stay.

WL for sure, but we would stick with a woods view we had a nice view of M.K and it saved money!!!!

I would stay in WL for the whole week. I usually end up resort hopping since we stay 2 weeks, but I don't really like the who packing/unpacking/moving thing. It usually eats up the whole day for us and then we are sometimes "homeless" when we get to our new resort. I would never conside it for a 7 day trip. Especially if you are considering the dining plan.

B!

I used to think like most of the above posters, and then we tried a split stay. Now I love the idea. Of course, it does depend a little on your style and the time of year.
During one of the really crowded times, it pays to be able to get out early, and stay out late - so having a moving day can mean losing a park day....but that's hardly the end of the world. It forced us to stop and see some of the 'extras.' Especially when our second hotel was AKL!

Even during a non-peak time, it will cost you some time...but it is totally worth it - especially if you plan to take advantage of what each resort has to offer. Like on your moving day, take advantage of the swimming at BC, walking the Boardwalk, and the free boat trips at WL.
Since you're thinking about two deluxe resorts - I'd totally take advantage of the location of each one. Plan your stay to take advantage of EMH at MK, and your BC stay to take advantage of EMH at Epcot and MGM (plus various meals near each location.) I think if you do that, you'll really get a bang out of the two locations.

We often stay at the Swan. Recently, we decided to stay at POR. It was nice, but I hadn't really though out how much harder it would be to hop into the WS for dinner (after an afternoon break) if you aren't staying in that area - and especially when you have a slow walker in your group. If you're in that area though, it's really easy to take a break from Epcot - swim, then get gussied up for a fancy dinner at one of the fancy WS restaurants. So I think staying at the BC will really be a treat in that regard.

If you do decide on a split stay, I suggest that you strategize your (un)packing a little too. Maybe pack the clothes for the first part of the trip together, or put everyone's dirty clothes in one suitcase - and (re)pack all the items you'll need for the second part of the trip together - remaining clean clothes, toiletries, etc. It also helped us to put kids' outfits (shirt, shorts, socks, etc.) in ziploc bags when we did our original packing. the last few days, we only had to use one suitcase. It actually made our final checkout much easier than having to pack up a week's worth of stuff. th eonly thing left to pack on our last day was the toiletries and a few toys!

robinb said:
Especially if you are considering the dining plan.

We have APs and a DDE card so we won't be doing the dining plan.

We have stayed at the WL on previous trips and :love: it but would like to try something different also. We did a split stay last year with AK and WL and it worked out great.

Thank you all for the info so far. Keep it coming please!!!!!!! :banana:

My preference is definitely to just stay at one resort at Disneyworld. I don't like moving from resort to resort. BUT, I would definitely split my stay between WL and the Poly. Both are lovely!!!

Any way you choose, you will have a great time!!

Our preference would be to not move at all and stay at one resort. We are usually so exhausted by the time we get in from the parks that the last thing we want to think about is switching rooms. It is nice to settle in and then know you can come back and just crash. We do like spending the extra money to stay in the WL, but don't usually upgrade to the Courtyard View because we are so seldom in our room and when we are, we are usually sleeping. :)

Minnie said:
We have APs and a DDE card so we won't be doing the dining plan.

We have stayed at the WL on previous trips and :love: it but would like to try something different also. We did a split stay last year with AK and WL and it worked out great.

Thank you all for the info so far. Keep it coming please!!!!!!! :banana:

I also have APs and the DDE card, but I loved the dining plan when I used it last year. We stayed at CSR the first week of free dining :). We had my niece with us, so I booked the stay with 2 A and 2 C 7-day park hoppers. We used my neice's PH and saved ours to apply to our AP renewal since we renew our APs at the park. It worked like a charm :).

But ... if you don't want the dining plan, they how about the Swolphin? They have great rates for the summer.

Or ... if you're really set on resort hopping what about renting points from a DVC member for Sun-Friday at the Beach Club villas or Boardwalk? 70 points will set you back about $800 which is $160 per night including taxes.

With mine and my DW, never,never,never,never would we want to move to a different resort in a one week trip. With 3 kids, we tend to be "nesters," once we get to a resort, we're settled. Now if it was just DW and me, then moving would be cool, but not with the little ones.
Have a ball!
mb

When I am on vacation I have no interest in moving all my plunder from resort to resort during my stay at WDW. I'm simply too lazy to bother, and when I get settled I'm ready to enjoy WDW without switching around.

I would recommend picking the resort you like the best and making a reservation for the entire stay there.

Enjoy.

WL the whole time. Much more relaxing not having to unpack, pack, npack and pack again. I hate that job!

i would do anything that involved the poly, i own in fl so i stay offsite but i swear after our trip this year,the next return in 08 i am at the poly for a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter