• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which WDW Alamo location is best for drop off?

hlbrink

Mouseketeer
My mother is going to be flying to Orlando to join us midway through our vacation. She is going to be arriving in the middle of the day and we are trying to find the best way for her to get to us (we are staying off-site). She won't need a rental car for the entire trip, but it looks like it may be cheaper to rent from Alamo for her travel day and then return to a WDW location the next day than it would be to take a taxi, towncar, etc. Has anyone done this? Which location is the easiest? Thanks!

We always use Alamo at the Car Care Centre on WDW property. We have rented from the airport and returned to them before. You just have to take it back when it's due and they'll take you by their shuttle anywhere on Disney property.

Although I've never done it, to me the Dolphin location would seem easier. Drive over to the Dolphin, drop the car and keys with the valet, they'll give you a receipt, then walk over to Epcot or the Studios, or bus to any other theme park.

No waiting on a shuttle that may be off on a run elsewhere to take you where you need to go.

We always use Alamo at the Car Care Centre on WDW property. We have rented from the airport and returned to them before. You just have to take it back when it's due and they'll take you by their shuttle anywhere on Disney property.

How long does this option generally take?

How long does this option generally take?

Drop the car off during their business hours (front desk will put you through from any WDW resort for hours) - there has always been a shuttle waiting when we've dropped off a car. The time will depend on how long the line is to return the car keys, although there was an express check-out before where we just handed the keys in since you always pay first. Usually count on 15 minutes - then just tell the shuttle driver where you want to go - any WDW resort they'll drop you off at - not sure if they'll drop you at a park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter