Which Two Parks?

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
I just booked a last-minute vacation for me and my two girls - and we leave a week from today! We're only doing two park days and did not get hoppers (they're 7 and 10 and didn't want them). We know the first day we're definitely doing the Magic Kingdom - it's our favorite park. But we're really torn on the second day. We don't know if we should just do MK again (but I guess this depends on what we can accomplish the first day), or do AK or EP - they don't want to do HS. We are leaning toward AK simply because it's open longer than Epcot and we want to make sure to get as much park time as possible (and we love AK, too). But we're really having a hard time making up our minds!

Which park would you do on the second day?

I would lean towards AK. Unless your girls really like going through the World Showcase, I think there will be more for them to do at AK.

Have a great trip!

MK does have enough stuff to be able to break up into two days. I’d do that if you want a laid back, relaxed approach to touring the parks. If you’re more go getters, than I’d say go to AK the second day. AK has more things for the kiddies.

I second the suggestion for AK. So many wonderful things to see and do there. I would much rather go to the AK then go back to the MK just to see what would mostly be second tier attractions.

I would probably say AK for the 2nd day unless you want to really do and see it all in AK. Id plan for Ak (making FPs in advance) and then decide for sure at the end of day 1. You could always try to change your FPs at the last minute of you change your mind and want to do two days at MK. I love Epcot but with 2 kids Id pick AK since Epcot has so few rides. Have fun!

I went in 2016 with a 9 and 6 year old (and a 4 and 1 year old. If I was going with a 10 and 6 I would do AK because I think it has more rides. Would your girls do Flights of Passage and Expedition Everest? If so, definitely AK.

Everybody has weighed in already, but I'll toss in my two cents! I vote AK! It's just seems to be the more kid friendly of the two and there is so much to experience. Plus it's gorgeous! You could always just do two MK days, but you might as well get two parks worth of fun.

I would do AK unless they're big fans of Toy Story or Star Wars, then I'd do HS, although there's less to fill a day there. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter