Which Two Parks?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by SarahC97, Jul 13, 2018.

1. SarahC97

SarahC97 DIS Veteran

I just booked a last-minute vacation for me and my two girls - and we leave a week from today! We're only doing two park days and did not get hoppers (they're 7 and 10 and didn't want them). We know the first day we're definitely doing the Magic Kingdom - it's our favorite park. But we're really torn on the second day. We don't know if we should just do MK again (but I guess this depends on what we can accomplish the first day), or do AK or EP - they don't want to do HS. We are leaning toward AK simply because it's open longer than Epcot and we want to make sure to get as much park time as possible (and we love AK, too). But we're really having a hard time making up our minds!

Which park would you do on the second day?

2. Shellyred8

Shellyred8 I'd rather be at Disney

I would lean towards AK. Unless your girls really like going through the World Showcase, I think there will be more for them to do at AK.

Have a great trip!

OneinThree and SarahC97 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tsme

tsme DIS Veteran

MK does have enough stuff to be able to break up into two days. I’d do that if you want a laid back, relaxed approach to touring the parks. If you’re more go getters, than I’d say go to AK the second day. AK has more things for the kiddies.

SarahC97 likes this.
  5. NH-to-FL

NH-to-FL DIS Veteran

I second the suggestion for AK. So many wonderful things to see and do there. I would much rather go to the AK then go back to the MK just to see what would mostly be second tier attractions.

6. rentayenta

rentayenta DIS Veteran

AK for sure!

7. DisneyTravelers2008

DisneyTravelers2008 Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)

I would probably say AK for the 2nd day unless you want to really do and see it all in AK. Id plan for Ak (making FPs in advance) and then decide for sure at the end of day 1. You could always try to change your FPs at the last minute of you change your mind and want to do two days at MK. I love Epcot but with 2 kids Id pick AK since Epcot has so few rides. Have fun!

SarahC97 likes this.
  8. familyman123

familyman123 Mouseketeer

I went in 2016 with a 9 and 6 year old (and a 4 and 1 year old. If I was going with a 10 and 6 I would do AK because I think it has more rides. Would your girls do Flights of Passage and Expedition Everest? If so, definitely AK.

9. coolingjupiter

coolingjupiter Mouseketeer

Animal Kingdom. If they were older I’d say Epcot.

10. OneinThree

OneinThree DIS Veteran

I would also recommend MK and AK, and it's not close.

SarahC97 likes this.
  11. jade'nsuch

jade'nsuch Earning My Ears

Everybody has weighed in already, but I'll toss in my two cents! I vote AK! It's just seems to be the more kid friendly of the two and there is so much to experience. Plus it's gorgeous! You could always just do two MK days, but you might as well get two parks worth of fun.

12. Tksolomom

Tksolomom DIS Veteran

AK for sure. I love that park!

13. mel&me

mel&me DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Definitely AK

14. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

Only 2 parks, definitely MK and AK. You should have a lot of fun!

15. tinkerhon

tinkerhon DIS Veteran

AK, unless they are big WS fans - (like we are) -

16. norrsund

norrsund Earning My Ears

I would do AK unless they're big fans of Toy Story or Star Wars, then I'd do HS, although there's less to fill a day there. Have fun!