Which ticket to buy for three separate trips?

skorpie

Love the magic
I've got three trips planned for 2019. The one in June for 6 days I will be using a Military Salute ticket(Family is going with a total of 6 people, one being for myself using a ticket).

However the trip in April for 3 days, and the other in October for three days are still without tickets. Can I buy a 6 day base ticket and split using it first in April and the rest of the time in June? Would a DVC annual pass be better? I am very confused about how to proceed?

You have to use the tickets with in a few days now so you can not save the for the last trip

You will have to do the math to see if an AP ( gold if your an DVC or FL resident or silver if FL resident ) is cheeped

I've got three trips planned for 2019. The one in June for 6 days I will be using a Military Salute ticket(Family is going with a total of 6 people, one being for myself using a ticket).

However the trip in April for 3 days, and the other in October for three days are still without tickets. Can I buy a 6 day base ticket and split using it first in April and the rest of the time in June? Would a DVC annual pass be better? I am very confused about how to proceed?

You can't split a ticket between April and October, so that's not an option.

Six days is usually not enough to make an AP cost effective either.

IF the family can go ahead and purchase the Salute tickets NOW and assign one to your MDE, you COULD use that ticket in April and upgrade it to an AP at that time. The Salute tickets are not date based, so you should be able to do that and I think that would be your cheapest option.

Sorry, I need to add to my post above and thought this would be better than an edit.

The Salute to AP will only work for you if they purchase the tickets from SoG by mail. THOSE tickets are already activated, so you wouldn't need the military member with you in April to do the upgrade.

I would look at an AP
Military tickets are around $250
3 day ticket (not hoppers) Around $322
3 day ticket (not hoppers) Around $322
If an AP is cheaper than $900, then you are coming out ahead - I think a DVC gold pass is $609. And you can add another trip! Bonus!

I got the Salute tickets yesterday at Ft Lee VA. But don't I have to assign one of the Tickets to myself(military spouse) at some point? I got the 5 day park hopper. Go for the upgrade to AP when? Sorry, I'm not quite understanding what/ when to do this.

Annual Pass...... I don't know much about the military tickets - but if it's not bought for you already - just skip buying that. If it is already bought - upgrade from that.

I got the Salute tickets yesterday at Ft Lee VA. But don't I have to assign one of the Tickets to myself(military spouse) at some point? I got the 5 day park hopper. Go for the upgrade to AP when? Sorry, I'm not quite understanding what/ when to do this.

When you go in April, go ahead and use that military ticket. Before you leave, visit guest relations and tell them you would like to upgrade it to an Annual Pass.

Are you saying that my 5 day park hopper pass will be exchanged for the AP? Will I get credit for the unused days if we're staying for 3 days in April?Do you know if I can still get a DVC discount for the AP? Im being dense this morning and still am confused

Buy 5 day military and use for 3 day April. You will have two more days you can use in June. On the 2nd day in June BEFORE you leave the park, go to guest realations to upgrade to DVC annual pass to use for the 3rd-6th days in June, 3 days in October and anytime thru June of 2020.

Are you saying that my 5 day park hopper pass will be exchanged for the AP? Will I get credit for the unused days if we're staying for 3 days in April?Do you know if I can still get a DVC discount for the AP? Im being dense this morning and still am confused
You get credit of the value of the 5 day PH ticket to apply to the cost of an AP

Buy 5 day military and use for 3 day April. You will have two more days you can use in June. On the 2nd day in June BEFORE you leave the park, go to guest realations to upgrade to DVC annual pass to use for the 3rd-6th days in June, 3 days in October and anytime thru June of 2020.
Military Tickets have no 14 day use requirement? They have the old non-expire option?

I don't know anything about the Salute pass but I will say to be sure to run your numbers based on all the factors of your trips before purchasing an AP.

We visited for 8 days in December. Will be visiting another 4 in April and then 8 in September. Even with all of those trips it was not cost effective for us to purchase an AP because the 2 long trips were able to be booked with FD offers. We stay at a value resort so FD is a far better deal for us than a room discount. Purchasing APs is not always the most cost effective way to go even with multiple trips.

Thanks to everyone. it's beginning to make sense now. I will research to find out if the Salute has a 14 day use requirement.

Update- after speaking to SoG there is not a 14 day use requirement. I can use it for 3 days in April and then use the other 2 days in June. However, if I upgrade to AP after using the 3 April days, the AP will be dated back to the first day of April use so only good until April 2020 not a June first use date. That was according to the person at SoG.

Military Tickets have no 14 day use requirement? They have the old non-expire option?

Salute tickets have always been good for the entire year (or up until Dec 20 or so; there is a black out at the end of the year), so those who use them can do a portion of the days at one time and the rest later in the year.

Update- after speaking to SoG there is not a 14 day use requirement. I can use it for 3 days in April and then use the other 2 days in June. However, if I upgrade to AP after using the 3 April days, the AP will be dated back to the first day of April use so only good until April 2020 not a June first use date. That was according to the person at SoG.

This is correct, and since you don't get anything other than the value paid, if the math works out to get the AP, you might as well do it during your trip in April. If you wait until June, you won't be able to do FP+ for your entire stay then. Also, if you do it in April, then all the benefits of the AP will be yours in April.

Yep, that person was correct (maybe Disney should hire them, LOL)
Unless the person doing your upgrade makes a mistake, the AP will be valid starting on the first day the ticket used to do the upgrade was used for park entry. This is why it's always best to do the upgrade on the first day you plan to enter the park, so you get full benefit of the discounts.
Also consider, whatever resort stays you have booked for any of the trips will also qualify for a discount, if there's an AP discount out for those dates and there's still rooms available with the promo in the same category/resort that you have booked. You'll just have to call and have them check, you can't do it online till you have an AP or at least a voucher, in hand.

Does anyone see a problem with me activating the other 5 Salute tickets in June if mine is already active and I've potentially upgraded to the AP? I will have my military ID. I will be the sponsor for those Salute tickets.

Does anyone see a problem with me activating the other 5 Salute tickets in June if mine is already active and I've potentially upgraded to the AP? I will have my military ID. I will be the sponsor for those Salute tickets.

Nope. Shouldn't be any problem. I would definitely have them all assigned in MDE before you go just for safety reasons, but they'll be good until Dec 19 (I think) and they'll all be ready to go.

Where did you go to get them? We’ve tried every year since 2011-ish to get tickets at fort Lee and no one ever knows what we’re talking about so we we be up ordering through SOG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter