Which sunblock is best?

mickeys friend

DIS Veteran
I have used several different brands of sunblock and need to know which brands everyone thinks works the best. I have had a lot of problems with my tops and socks getting stained, even when I let it dry before getting dressed. Do you use a different one for your face? I have in the past but still haven't found a brand that works for me. Any help would be great.Thanks

We use California Baby generally. And Badger for faces or places that inadvertently got burned. Nothing gets thru that thick stuff!

We use Coppertone Sports 30 or 50 spf spray, and Neutrogena faces. I also use a makeup with sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat for protection. You should apply 30 to 45 minute's before you get out in the sun. I'm local born and raised and tried everything, and this works the best for our family. This is one thing you don't want to do on the cheap... Sunburn no Fun

Great Value in the aerosol can. Never had an issue with staining like I have had with some of the "name" brands.

Banana Boat Sport Performance Cool Zone in the spray can. I've tried bigger name, better rated brands and have had them fail. This has never failed. I've never noticed any kind of staining. In the past I've used Neutragena Faces for myself but it goes bad alarmingly fast. Like bought in June and have fried in January using it. That happened twice so now I just mix a dot of the kids stuff in with my moisturizer. That combined with what's in my make up does the trick.

Ombrelle, I have been using it since I was 15 and now in my plus 50 age range have no wrinkles or crows feet or sun spots.

DD uses SunBum on the DGKids. They don't burn but do tan. It's expensive but it is worth it for them to not burn.

The year we were going to Disney I happened to watch a segment on sunblock on the Today show and they found that the generic Walmart Equate Ultra Protection 50 (I believe it is the Coppertone equivalent) worked among the best. My children are gingers and we were going to Disney for 4th of July so this was a concern for me. I went out that night and bought this. I have never used anything else since. None of us had a single spot of any burn the entire week we were there and I don't remember any staining.

Honest Company for my daughter. Me...Neutrogena specially for the face. I saw on TV that Banana Boat came out with a spray that is not greasy and can barely feel anything. I'm going to search that out.

I'm bald like my avatar and have been using Neutrogena spray on for a while. Doesn't burn my eyes and goes on clear. Good stuff. Haven't noticed any clothes staining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter