Which should concern me more?

glitterkittyy

I <font color=red>♥</font> Disney<br><font color=d
That my daughter (8) read a bedtime story to my cat (for his 8th nap of the day)?

Or that my cat listened and looked at the pictures?

:rotfl:

I wouldn't be concerned about either! It sounds adorable! I wish my bunnies would sit still for stories. They just try to chew on the book and toss it aside.

Sounds like something my DD8 would do to her cat. :)

I think she traumatized him. It was a book about dogs, and he's meowing in his sleep. lol

You should be very proud of your DD for doing such a good job at keeping the cat's interest, and very proud of your cat for being the smartest cat in the world and having such a great attention span.

That's cute don't be concerned. It shows your daughter and cat have a close bond. My friend's daughter used to read and sing to their cats. She used to do a lot with one of their cats who was dying. The cat seemed to find comfort.

...(for his 8th nap of the day)...

:rotfl: I think my kitty is on his tenth nap of the day, and earlier he insisted on plunking down right smack in the middle of the newspaper I was reading.

Your daughter reading to an attentive cat would make a cute photo!

:rotfl: I think my kitty is on his tenth nap of the day, and earlier he insisted on plunking down right smack in the middle of the newspaper I was reading.

Your daughter reading to an attentive cat would make a cute photo!

I know!! I'm kicking myself for not having taken a pic! The lil angel is awake now...grooming himself in anticipation of nap #9, I'm sure.

DS learned to read by reading aloud to our kitty. DS is now 18 and still talks to Dexter like he understands him. Who knows? He might;)

There is a program now where kids read to dogs because it helps the kids improve their reading. I imagine a pet cat would work just as well. :goodvibes Animals are non-judgmental and don't even notice if we mispronounce a word or something. I read an article that following some children who were reading to dogs and the children all improved their reading skills so that some were well above grade level. Plus, it's just plain cute to watch. Enjoy!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt) (who, just as an aside, read "The Lord of the Rings" aloud to my daughter who was too young to read it on her own, but my pet dog also "listened" to the story every day. So now I tell everyone that I love that book so much, I read it to my dog! LOL!)

There is a program now where kids read to dogs because it helps the kids improve their reading. I imagine a pet cat would work just as well. :goodvibes Animals are non-judgmental and don't even notice if we mispronounce a word or something. I read an article that following some children who were reading to dogs and the children all improved their reading skills so that some were well above grade level. Plus, it's just plain cute to watch. Enjoy!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt) (who, just as an aside, read "The Lord of the Rings" aloud to my daughter who was too young to read it on her own, but my pet dog also "listened" to the story every day. So now I tell everyone that I love that book so much, I read it to my dog! LOL!)

Good info...makes sense!

And LOL @ reading LOTR to your dog. Too cute. :thumbsup2

Sometimes even all the time I have Dised, some posts just crack me up,thanks for that great visual, and oh so cute!!

Well I'd be more concerned that YOUR cat didn't want YOU to read the story to him!:lmao:
Seriously though- that sounds so cute! My sister used to do that with our dogs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter