• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which section SSR??

gregsbrat

Mouseketeer
Good morning all...we have decided to try SSR for 6 nites in addition to 3 at AoA for spring break. While asking the CM his opinion for which section, he convinced me on Paddock or Grandstand and added it to my reservation...now I might be wondering if this was the right thing...it will be myself, DH and DS age 8...we will have a car and be staying in a studio...I see a lot of you like Congress Park bc of it being close to DD but I think I would prefer someplace fairly close to main building (5 minute walk} and a nice pool area with food and drink availability...PLEASE HELP:worship:

The Springs section is near the main pool and artists palette which is qs. The grandstands are close to main pool but has a nice pool and splash area with a pool bar of its own. The paddocks has a themed pool with kids water play area and slides this also has a qs place but it is a slightly longer walk to the main pool.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

The walk to the Main Building is not that far from most points of SSR.

Do note, that the new Paddock Pool area is very nice. The pool is a feature pool with a separate children's pool area, and a quick service restaurant with a refillable mug station.

We have requested the Paddock area for our Nov. vacation. We are a party of 12 staying in 2 villas (1-1bdrm & 1-2bdrm) There are 4 children (2-6yrs) in our group. We always stay in CP but last Oct. we spent several days with our almost 3 yo. grandson at the Paddock pool. He loved it and we did too! Try the chips!

We love the Springs area. It was the most convenient place for us. Near High Rocks pool (and drink refill station), boat dock, community hall, Turf Club, Artists Palette, etc...

The only downside that I've heard about the Springs is that it is the last bus stop in SSR. We didn't run into any issues, but I've heard that at busier times of the year, the bus may have only standing room only, or even not stop due to being full.

Congress Park!!! Buildings close to DTD and the morning jog through DTD is Awesome !!!!

Does anyone know which section has a DTD view? Is it just Congress Park?

AlwaysEeyore said:
Does anyone know which section has a DTD view? Is it just Congress Park?

FWIW, if you like walking to DD, avoid the Carousel. We have stayed in every section of SSR, and the Carousel is by far the longest hike to DD.

Having a shorter trip to DD is only a minor reason for possibly staying at Congress Park. The real reason is to to get one of the best views on site, across the lake looking at DD (if you ask for it also ask for lake view and higher floor) . If things like being close to one of the themed pools (Congress has only a quiet pool) and the main buildings are more important than view then Congress is not the area for you but instead one of those suggested above.

We've stayed at the Springs many times and love the convenience to the pool, recreation building, bus stop and restaurants. However, the Paddock has a new pool with a great splash area for the kids.

We're trying out the Treehouse Villas next month. Hope we won't be disappointed!

I'm big on views from my room so I'm hoping for top floor at Congress Park. We are a large group with 5 rooms so Im worried we won't get our requests since all the rooms are linked.

I'm big on views from my room so I'm hoping for top floor at Congress Park. We are a large group with 5 rooms so Im worried we won't get our requests since all the rooms are linked.

Well now that some of the trees are huge your view may be blocked!!! We couldn't see one bit of DTD from our DTD view due to the HUGE tree outside of our balcony.

We stayed in the Grandstand area and loved it. Our girls (2 and 4) loved the smaller pool that was there and very convenient. Plus the walk to the main pool and main building was not far at all.

supersuperwendy said:
Well now that some of the trees are huge your view may be blocked!!! We couldn't see one bit of DTD from our DTD view due to the HUGE tree outside of our balcony.

What floor were you on? Do you remember the room number? Thanks!

We stayed at SSR in July and I had requested congress park. The room was in a great location-2nd floor right across from entrance to quiet pool. I love walking to DTD, so it was perfect for that. Also very close to the bus stop and a short walk to main pool (which we prefer). The only negative was the loud music coming from DTD. This was actually pretty annoying when my DH and I were trying to enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony or going to bed early.

Next time I may request the paddock or springs just due to the DTD noise.

Does anyone have any comments about the ground floor? We requested ground floor at Congress thinking it will be easier with electric scooters but am concerned about privacy and no views. Any thoughts?

bksomody said:
Does anyone have any comments about the ground floor? We requested ground floor at Congress thinking it will be easier with electric scooters but am concerned about privacy and no views. Any thoughts?

The elevators at SSR are large; don't base your request on that. They will accommodate ECVs very well. Upper floors @ Congress Park may get you a nice view of DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter