Which restaurant for our first night?

momof2mouses

Mouseketeer
I tried 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickeys but both were unavailable. We have adr's at WCC, Boma, Rose and Crown, Crystal Palace and Scil-Fi for the rest of the week. I currently have Grand Floridian Cafe booked, but I never hear anything about it. We are staying at POR and could take the boat to DTD.
Any suggestions?

What about CRT??? I know there are not a ton of characters, but my DD6 requested that I leave CRT on our dining schedule. We have it for our first "real" day as we are planning on arriving late our first day and I want to take her to the Main Street Barber Shop to get the princess do with pink paint & sparkles before dinner that day!!!princess:

Oh!...I'm not sure if it is characters you are after, but there is also Princess Storybook in Akershus (EPCOT World Showcase). They always have more than one princess and the dinner food was good (at least I remember it was good 2 years ago!!). I have not heard any horribile reviews. We have this scheduled for lunch...as we are trying to fit everything in!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm guessing you want a non-park restaurant, so I'd go with 'Ohana or Cape May Cafe.

As a pp stated, Ohana and Cape May Cafe are both excellent choices :thumbsup2. Another good one is Kona at the Poly.....awesome prime rib and filet :goodvibes.

Alot of it probably depends on whether you have your own car or will need to rely on Disney transportation. If you're going to have a long drive or flight to get to WDW, you may want to do something that's a bit more low key and/or easy to get to.

The boat to DTD is very relaxing. My vote would be for one of the DTD restaurants -- Rainforest Cafe for the little ones, or maybe Raglan Road, which is nice but also kid friendly.

We love Raglan and so do our kids. If you go early, you don't need an ADR.

If you want to "live" it up, try the Portabella Yacht Club and sit on the covered patio. It's awesome and you'll love it.

We like GF Cafe the food & service has always been good. Then you could ride the monorail MK & Epcot loop. To get to GF you can Take a taxi, or Bus the options include take the first park bus that comes along, then take a bus to GF or any of the monorail resorts. Another choice could be The Rainforest Cafe my kids enjoy it & you could just take the boat to DTD.

Kae

I'm not sure if you want nonpark or not, but if you're at MK, we loved CRT and LTT. My kids are the same age as yours and they loved the "Thanksgiving type" food at LTT as well as the characters in colonial attire.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. We decide to do Kona since we enjoyed O'hana's and the Poly so much last year. Our ADR is for 740....Do you think we could catch the Electric water parade on the beach afterwards or maybe wishes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter