Which ressie should we keep! We leave tomorrow!

4fordisneyworld

DIS Veteran
I have a mini van with National for 312.07 which included all of the insurance ( I did not add....it was part of the code I used ). I just made one with Alamo for the same vehicle but for 235.32!!! However it did not include the insurance.

So my question is paying the extra almost $80 worth it for the insurance? We have never purchased it before but since it was "included" we thought it was a pretty good deal. Oh and my rental is for 8 days......

feedback please!!! :confused:

Now this is just my opinion, but you did ask for it: :cutie:

I would go with Alamo as long as you know your insurance on your personal vehicle will cover the rental. And I don't see why it wouldn't. :confused3 Also, certain credit cards when used for the rental will provide insurance.

Are you a member of EA with National or QS with Alamo? If both, EA has a slight edge to Alamo for speed of getting your vehicle. I have used both and Alamo only took a few minutes more. Again, a few minutes more of my time is worth saving $80. I don't make that good of a wage. :laughing:

Hope this helps. :goodvibes

Well since I am getting a quote for $580 for 10 days I think yours looks cheap. And don't most credit card companies cover your insurance? As well as your regular car insurance.

Remember that, although your insurance will cover you for a collision, you still have to pay your deductable. And, it is a reported accident, which will most likely raise your insurance rates.
If you take the insurance with the rental car, you have no deductable, and the accident is not reported to your insurance company.

I don't usually buy the insurance, but so far with the national visa code, it's not worth it for me to save a few dollars and lose the insurance. Now if was a big savings, I might change my mind! The cheapest rate I've gotten for my dates so far is dollar car, and it's only $20 less. So for now I'm keeping National with the insurance.

Only you can decide for your situation :)

Another thing to think of with the insurance is that others on this board have stated that neither their insurance nor the credit card covered the loss of use and administration fees when they had accidents..and those seemed to total over the $80. difference you would pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter