Which resorts have tram access?

Puttkammer

Earning My Ears
I am disabled and I thought it might be easier to get around if I stayed at a resort that had access to the tram. I had heard that the Contemporary has a hill that is hard to get up to get to the tram. Does anyone know about that? Does anyone know about other resorts and easy access to the tram? Thanks for your help!

Welcome.
I assume you mean the monorail. That is an elevated train that connects some of the resorts. The monorail resorts are Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian. The resort stop in each hotal is very accessible and getting on the monorail is easy; the CM puts a small ramp up to the train to bridge the small gap between the track and the door of the car. That is not a problem.
The hill you have heard about is to get in and out of the momorail station at MK, the Ticket and Transportation Center and at Epcot. That is because the monorail is actually at a second floor level and you have to get to that level to board or get off of the monorail.
Some people have problems with it and some people don't think it's a problem at all. If you have a power wheelchair or an ecv, it might not be mcuh of an issue for you.

Puttkammer

It all depends on which parks you most want to visit.

Monorail hotels are good if you want to get to Magic Kingdom, less so if you want to visit Epcot because you have to change trains by going down on ramp, then up another. Monoraildoesn't go to Animal Kingdom or MGM.

In any case, the bus service which goes everywhere is excellent and is fully wheelchair accessible as are many of the boats, so I wouldn't worry too much wherever you stay.

Disney is one of the most 'disabled friendly' vacation destinations in the world!!!

Just to clarify. If staying at a monorail resort and you took it to the TTC to switch to the EPCOT monorail, you do not have to go down the ramp and back up. They have a ramp that goes strait across to the other monorail, which makes both parks easy to get to. The trip from the TTC to EPCOT takes less time than staying at the Boardwalk and walking (or rolling) to EPCOT. We had 15 minutes to get to dinner reservations in EPCOT from the Polynesian and made it with time to spare with out running.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter