Which Resort.........

tmli

Wants to be known as tmlh....
I'm travelling alone with my 6yr old son again in Aug/02. In Jan this year we stayed at ASMO. While I liked the informal atmosphere for him, we spent more time at the resort than I anticipated. My question is for our next stay I would like a resort with more things for us to do. We were bored at ASMO by the third day. Any suggestions on kid friendly resorts with lots of activities we can do together. Not so interested in "kid clubs" etc. as we usually stay together. Will have an annual pass, discounts are not too bad at that time, so I am open to moderate, deluxe....just want a good vacation.

You might consider WL. It has a great pool and activities for families, such as the Duck Race. There is a great path to FW that you could ride bikes on. Bay Lake is a wondeful place to boat. Wilderness Canyon Cafe is a fun place to take kids to eat. The servers are usually very energetic and include the kids in fun while you wait for your food. There is also a food court for those quick meals or snacks. Also, you can watch the Electric Water Pagent at night from their beach.:)

POLYNESIAN POLYNESIAN POLYNESIAN!!!

If you want a resort you can hang out at and enjoy activities or just relax, this is the place. Also some of the best food in WDW. My second suggestion would be the Yacht Club.

See my web page below for Polynesian info and on the link page is a link to my other Disney page with some Yacht Club info and pictures.

Steve

There are a few that come to mind.

Deluxe
The WL is great http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/rescc/costcalc.asp?pageFunction=researcher&resId=WL&submit1=go!

The Beach/Yacht Club has a great pool look at pictures on www.disneypix.com

Moderates
Caribbean Beach has a great pool area as does Coronado Springs.
There are 2 people who have websites on these one is SeaSpray and the other is, I believe, Buzz2001. http://pages.cthome.net/nicolespage/gallery5/index.html http://home.attbi.com/~terry527/html/CBRmain.htm

CSR of course. 2 arcades, one at the Dig Site (the main pool area). Sand volleyball court, great pool slide, all the usually recreation activities (water mice. surrey bikes. etc..)

Check out my info page below.

Another vote for WL. If you son loves arcades I have to say the one at the Contemporary is a kid's dream.

And, of course (for those who know my posts), I would suggest a split - Wilderness Lodge and the Beach Club. Wilderness Lodge because of the boating and Fort Wilderness right next door (and River Country - great water park) and Beach Club because of Storm Along Bay (their pool) and proximity to Epcot.

Thanks everyone for your advice. Been looking at all your links today and I think I'm leaning towards the WL. Couple questions--is the beach open to swimming? Particular bldng or view better than another? Where would I want to be, to be closest to restaurants, pool, bus etc. I've seen reference to both deluxe rooms and jr.suites -- are these the same room types. Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms before? Do they have a refillable mug program? Okay that's a few questions more than a couple!!!

You'll both love WL, it's one of our favorites. No, there is absolutely no swimming at the beach, but they do have the little speed boats you can rent, that's always a lot of fun.

View, we like a courtyard view, when facing toward the lagoon, I would choose the right wing (it has a formal name, but I don't know it) Some think the pool is noisy, but we never noticed that. Alot of those courtyard rooms offer views of the Electrical water pageant. I don't know anything about the Jr. suites. The resort is fairly small as Disney resorts go, I think it's actually the smallest, so you're close to everything.

They do have a refillable mug program.

Another thing to do for fun is eat a Whispering Canyon. Make sure your son asks for ketchup and water. He'll get a big kick out of it. They also have other fun things for the kids at this restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter