Which resort to pick.

Eric in Canada

Earning My Ears
We recently book our flight for Sept 2013. We're not too sure yet on which resort we'll be staying yet.
Just the two of us have stayed and loved on how small POFQ was and that it was the first bus stop etc. This time it will be the 4 of us.
It's a little early but we can't decide on which resort to stay at this time. We have other question that we're asking but most of them only we can answer such as; Should we stay at a Value resort to save a bit of cash? Should we stay in a suite?Or should we cram the 4 of us in moderate or maybe get two rooms with a connecting door. Etc etc. Right now a Deluxe resort or a villa is out of our budget. We've read some reviews good and bad on the cabins, they will not be making the list.
We have stayed at The Grand Californian and it felt a little tight for us, even with bunk beds.
Some help and feed back would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Are the other two children, teens or adults?
I would say you would be fine in one moderate with kids and teens. If you are traveling with other adults the moderates are okay, with Caribbean Beach having larger rooms. The suites ate the values are not well set up for four adults either. I would do two rooms there.

I have done 4 adults at POR and we were comfortable, but we were very organized.

CSR and POFQ are also good for 4 adults. All 3 have had refurbs and have queen beds.

The only mod I would not suggest with 4 adults is CBR. They have double beds and have not been refurbed recently. It is also very large and elongated in layout.

To take a quick trip to the lounge for entertainment in the evening, definitely do POR or POFQ.

I have stayed at the values twice...by myself and they were fine. I would find them a bit small for 4 people but it would be okay. The suites seem fun to me for the kids. They are a decent aternative but it may still be less expensive to have one moderate room. I love the atmosphere at the moderates with the nice architecture and gardens whereas the All Star and Pop Century and Animation are somewhat garish, though fun. You can't really go wrong with any of them. I would pick which resort you find most appealing (that fits what you want to pay) and go with that.

As a POFQ loyalist I'm biased but my vote would there or POR. Since they are sister resorts you can use the pools at both. In addition the boat ride to DTD is a great change from buses. We usually eat a couple of dinners at Wolfgang Puck Express in the DTD Marketplace( it 's on the DDP as a Counter Service but we like it so much we pay OOP) Plus there is a Rainforest Cafe & TRex cafe that might appeal to your children(never ate at either so no opinion)
As far as buses go when we went at park opening time we didn't share with POR. It was only going in the afternoon/evening we shared.
You can also go to the lounge at POR and see Yeeha Bob's show (he is usually there Weds to Sat. nights).It starts around 8:30 & the crowd has a lot of families

Another vote for POR- we love it!! It has plenty of room for pre- teens. There are four of us and we have no problems! I'm bummed that I could not get in there for our upcoming trip in February....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter