Which Resort Should I buy

Actually. I am not frustrated. I just bought into DVC and am learning the ins and outs. I do, however, have a problem with people taking advantage of a situation at the expense of others. I should not be surprised though, I see it happening everyday. Don't want to get political here, but, I think I pay more than my fair share in taxes and now I have DVC members gaming the system as well. Come on.
Timeshares essentially pit one member against another. This is the way all timeshares work that have a reservation component. The rules of engagement are put in place by the state, POS and management company. As I noted on another thread, I think changes should be a cancelation and rebooking thus stopping much of the walking but not necessarily all. The only way to stop it completely (or as nearly as possible is to have changes as a cancelation/rebook on separate calls with a certain amount of elapsed time and/or to institute fees related to such changes.

Actually. I am not frustrated. I just bought into DVC and am learning the ins and outs. I do, however, have a problem with people taking advantage of a situation at the expense of others. I should not be surprised though, I see it happening everyday. Don't want to get political here, but, I think I pay more than my fair share in taxes and now I have DVC members gaming the system as well. Come on.

I don't really see the unfairness of it all. The rule is you can book 11 months in advance up to 7 nights of stay. When a room is not available, there has not been any proof that this is because of members "walking" their reservations, or if they are actual members checking in 7 days before you are.

They can do it. You can do it. It's available for everyone to do - how is that unfair?

Some members have asked MS about "walking". MS said there wasn't any problem with it at this time. However, if they start to charge to cancel or change and rebook, this might not work so well.

In the old days when you booked by the last day (check out day) of your stay, members would book a day at a time, adding one more day and linking the reservation. That also was not frowned upon.

The other problem some of you might be having is numerous members booking the first days of December (plus seven more nights). So they booked seven nights and you just happened to want one of those nights. But since they booked a few days ahead of you, you lost.

Some members have asked MS about "walking". MS said there wasn't any problem with it at this time. However, if they start to charge to cancel or change and rebook, this might not work so well.

In the old days when you booked by the last day (check out day) of your stay, members would book a day at a time, adding one more day and linking the reservation. That also was not frowned upon.
I'm not sure either were totally OK from an upper management standpoint but since both were within the rules (as walking is now) MS is OK with it. As you know, MS simply works under the rules and systems at hand, their only not OK if they see something as not within the rules. Sometimes they see it wrong as some have told members that renting was against the rules but it's not and an example of something that's frowned upon by some but contractually allowed thus not able to be taken away.

The system is a balance between the good of the members and the good of the system. As such some changes will be for the system and some will be a win-win with a few being for the good of the member usually without much cost to the system ($ or personnel time). As a rule the systems never get better for the member at the expense of the system. Put another way, almost all changes are for the worse for a significant group of members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter