• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which park should you spend more time at, Universal or IOA?

sherry7

DIS Veteran
DH, 12 year old DS, and I are leaving for Orlando next week. I had planned to spend 1 1/2 days at IOA and 1 day at Universal. We've never been to either of these parks before. Do you think my time planning is okay, or should we switch it and spend more time at Universal? Please give me your choice and the reasons behind it. Thanks!

If you like thrill rides, then IOA is the place for you. They have GREAT roller coasters and then there's Spiderman!!! Also Ripsaw Falls and Bluto-s and Jurassic Park River Ride. There's great theming---especially is Suess Landing. Both parks are great, but I REALLY love IOA.

As stated above, IOA is mainly for thrill-seekers. It is a great park to experience. There are 2-3 rides that will get you really wet--you may want to plan for that.

Universal Studios (USF) is our personal favorite. It has no coasters, but does have a lot of fun attractions such as Back to the Future, Men in Black, Jaws, King Kong, Twister, Earthquake, ET, and an awesome 3-D show called T-2 (based on the Terminator movies). There are also a lot of shows that are very entertaining.

I guess it just depends on what your interests are. We personally spend about 1/2 day at IOA (not into coasters, but LOVE spiderman) and about 1 1/2 days at USF.

One more thing: Depending on what kind of passes you have, you can park hop between IOA and USF. So you can always play it by ear on which park you want to spend the most time at. They're right next to each other, so it's not an inconvenience to walk back and forth or to change your mind on which park you want to go to any given day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter