Which One

We stayed in POFQ in September and it was awesome. Everything was clean, staff was overly nice, location was good, taking the boat to downtown disney was convienent and the food was good. I would rec it! We are going in Jan and staying at AKL...have fun planing!

Decisions, Decisions...WL or CR, or back to POR. :confused:

More info would be helpful. Just adults traveling? Kids? Ages of the kids? Do you spend any time at the resort--or just sleeping and showering? Personally, we've never stayed at the POR or WL; we've stayed aat the CR a number of times. We enjoyed CR when we were there, but we can't justify the cost of a deluxe any more when we are quite happy at our moderate of choice which has everything we need in our resort (transportation/location are not a big deal to us as we rent a car and drive everywhere).The WL holds no appeal for us at all -- just don't care for the theme; I would go with POR personally or CR.

We stayed in POFQ in September and it was awesome. Everything was clean, staff was overly nice, location was good, taking the boat to downtown disney was convienent and the food was good. I would rec it! We are going in Jan and staying at AKL...have fun planing!
You'll love AKL.

I'd stay at Coronado Springs. POR is in serious need of a renovation.

It's possible that they have a renovation in the works considering the Princess and the Frog goes very nicely with the Port Orleans theme.

1 child she's 6. Mainly sleep, pool, and shower. Eat at resort some.
I think both WL and CR would appeal to a 6 year old. The proximity of both to the Magic Kingdom is nice.
The Wilderness Lodge is less expensive, but of course the transportation to MK is a boat, which may be fun, but maybe not. The grounds are gorgeous, especially the pool, and of course it has its very own geyser.
The Contemporary is much more businesslike, so it may be less appealing to a 6 year old, though I'm sure she'd love the fact that the monorail runs through it. Though I could only imagine riding the monorail back from the MK at night, because I wouldn't want to sit through all the other stops in the morning.

We did a split stay with POR & WL in August! 4 nights POR & 5 WL. Went with dds 19 & 24 yrs. We have stayed at WL before, but it was our first time at POR. We requested the mansion section and got a great location in Magnolia Terrace. We enjoyed POR very much, grounds are beautiful, boat to DTD, great food court (better then the WL one, Roaring Forks) and loved Bob jacksons show in the River Roost lounge at night.

WL we love! It is deluxe. My dd 19 hadn't stayed there before when we went. So when she walked into the lobby her reatction was- wow, POR was nice but this is amazing.
Beautiful resort. Boat to MK, and smaller resort boat to Ft. Wilderness and CR.
2 great restaurants, and Roaring Forks cs, which is small, but we only had breakfast there. Lunch and dinner were at parks or resort TS. we were on DDP. Great marina. Movies on beach in warmer weather. Electric Water Parade at night, we watched it on the beach. it circles all the MK resorts on the lake.

They are both great resorts, there is no bad choice here.

Subscribing...

Does the WL bus to MGM, AK and EPCOT stop at Fort Wilderness too? How's the pool at CR compare to WL's pool?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter