Which Oct. Weekend?

CoP Luv

DIS Veteran
We are headed to Universal for a long weekend for the first time. We are not planning on doing HHN at all, but my DH's only request was to be able to see Hogsmeade at night (when it is actually dark).

1. Choices are Fri., Sept. 29- Tues., Oct. 3 or Fri., Oct. 27 - Tues., Oct. 31 (Dates around that time are flexible - i.e. we can go Thursday - Monday, but with HHN on the weekend nights, that would be hard to go at night except for the day we fly in which I don't want to put that much pressure on seeing something on arrival day)

2. What time does it actually get dark in Oct.?

Any other ideas?

Earlier = less crowded of the two, go with coming in on 9/29. Looks like monday, the 2nd would be 'your day' to do HP @ night.

If not staying & screaming, will need to leave US by 5 pm Sept/Oct it will still be light then

If at all possible, would try to avoid HHN if not interested. Hotel rates tend to be higher as do crowds.

Good luck

I'm not sure either week will be really dark when they close. Studios will close at 5pm for non-HHN peeps. I was there the first two weekends of HHN last year and I'm thinking IoA was open until maybe 8 pm. You really don't know when they will close until the hours are posted. I like riding RRR at night and that didn't happen very often when I would go years ago but lately they seem to be open more after dark. If you are there close to dark just be in the stores in Hogsmeade. They may boot you out if you're obviously delaying but they give some leeway for shopping. They will not let you into Hogsmeade close to closing. Not sure if you plan to stay onsite but I remember one morning they had early entry at 7 am and it was still dark. You might want to consider Friday to Tuesday your Sept/Oct dates and that would give you Monday night with no HHN.

Thanks for the responses...

Since we are not planning on doing HHN, will IoA be really crowded those nights?

Would it be best to skip Universal all together during October?

First weekend of hhn is always the lightest

Ioa should be fine

Your choice of later sept also decent time to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter