Which nighttime show to miss?

I'd definitely see Happily Ever After, Epcot Forever and Star Wars Galactic Spectacular. Rivers of Light and Fantasmic are both pretty weak offerings in my opinion.

Matt

H'OKAY SO.

We've got three days in the parks, park hoppers, and we're all adults. Which park should we sacrifice at night? We've been told we absolutely must see the nighttime shows at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, which leaves either Epcot or Animal Kingdom on the chopping block. I'm leaning toward seeing the show in Epcot and just missing nighttime at Animal Kingdom, but the pictures etc do look so pretty. Thoughts?

PS: If it matters, we'll be there during the Christmas season. TIA!

Rivers of Light is by far the most boring and skippable. I haven’t seen Epcot Forever obviously but I have to imagine it’ll be more entertaining.

I haven't seen the latest Rivers of Light but when I saw it, there was nothing cohesive to it. No story whatsoever, just some heavy-handed conservation messaging. Once was enough for me.

H'OKAY SO.

We've got three days in the parks, park hoppers, and we're all adults. Which park should we sacrifice at night? We've been told we absolutely must see the nighttime shows at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, which leaves either Epcot or Animal Kingdom on the chopping block. I'm leaning toward seeing the show in Epcot and just missing nighttime at Animal Kingdom, but the pictures etc do look so pretty. Thoughts?

Have you been to Disneyland and seen Fantasmic there? If so, you'll be very much underwhelmed by the version at Hollywood Studios.

Have you been to Disneyland and seen Fantasmic there? If so, you'll be very much underwhelmed by the version at Hollywood Studios.

I feel like if it’s a toss up between Fantasmic and Rivers of Light you have to see Fantasmic, it’s not as grand as DL’s but still very much worth seeing if you never have before.

I feel like if it’s a toss up between Fantasmic and Rivers of Light you have to see Fantasmic, it’s not as grand as DL’s but still very much worth seeing if you never have before.
True - Fantasmic is still always worth seeing in my book, regardless.

I would do Happily Ever After (MK), Fantasmic and/or Starwars (HS), Illuminations: Reflections of Earth (Epcot).

I would skip ROL, it is arguably their weakest show. It has none of the spectacle of the other shows.

After seeing Fantasmic in DL, I always wish they had the DL version with Peter Pan and Captain Hook instead of the lame Pocahontas version.
It's a crying shame that the Peter Pan scene has now been replaced with Pirates of the Caribbean at DL.

H'OKAY SO.

Easy rivers of light.

Wondering how many people that are saying it's easy to skip ROL have seen the new show? While I did enjoy the original, I think it's impossible to say to it's boring without seeing the updated version.
Also, seeing several people mention Illuminations, which will no longer be running when the OP is there.

I would typically say to skip Epcot, but since nobody has seen the new show that will be running, that could easily change.

I’d wait to decide until you see some reviews of the new show replacing Illuminations. I watched a live stream of the new ROL and was not impressed. I was not a fan of the old one either. Unless the reviews of Epcot are horrible, I’d go with that. It’s a tough choice though, AK is amazing at night, show or no show. I’d almost give up HS for it.

So we paid for the reservations at Fantasmic at HS and that was a waste of money to be honest. Personally, while I liked it, I don’t know that I’d see it again, next time at HS, we’ll ride the rides while others are at the show!!

If you stay for 7 nights - I would do fireworks in each park once - then skip them all after you see it once

Like everyone says, hard to say what the new Epcot show will be... but I did hear it will feature some of the original music from back in the 80's. So that is intriguing, to me anyway. I like Rivers of Light (old one - haven't seen new one) but I don't like it enough to make it a must see. Think I've seen it twice and I would do it again if it just worked out that way. I love the Tree of Life Awakening and would definitely repeat that one! I used to always do Fantasmic or my trip wouldn't be complete but now I can take it or leave it. I love love love Illuminations - it's my favorite so I'm having a hard time with it going away. Going in August and plan to see it over and over and over. The star wars show at DHS is really really good.... don't skip that.

You mentioned you had hoppers. It's entirely reasonable to think you could catch a 6:30 Rivers of Light show at AK and be to Epcot in time to catch 9:30 showing of whatever they have as an Illuminations replacement (9:30 is based on last December's non-weekend closures at Epcot).

Seems everyone has there own personal favorites lol. For us we love HEA & Fantasmic!! We have never seen the Star Wars fireworks and dont ever plan to. Illuminations is just ok, but we do really enjoy walking around the wold showcase at night.

Also, the Star Wars Fireworks at HS may not be showing in December. The last few years, they have had the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam holiday show instead. Not sure if they will do that this year with Star Wars opening or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter