Which Monorail connected resort has the best Magic Kingdom view?

ChrislovesMinnie

Mouseketeer
:tinker: Hello.

We previously stayed at the GF and had the Magic Kingdom view which we thought was Spectacular!

Planning on trying a different monorail connected resort for an upcoming stay, which one would you recommend has the best Magic Kingdom view and why.

We appreciate all comments and responses. Thank you very much.

Chris & Ed

:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

I'd say the CR simply because of proximity. It's the closest, plus there is a channel that will pipe the music score into the room. We'll be heading there for the 4th time soon!

:tink: Thank You.

We're planning already for upcoming trips. Have a great time on your visit!

And tell your daughter to have a magical sweet sixteen! :bday:

Chris & Ed

Last December we stayed at the Contemporary on the MK side. The view of the fireworks was spectacular from our room balcony and I could actually fall asleep gazing at the illuminated castle from my pillow. We love the CR. :lovestruc

DisneyDecember14-212009158.jpg

DisneyDecember14-212009167.jpg

DisneyDecember14-212009043.jpg

Awesome pictures I am stay there for Christmas, :santa: I can't wait, is it December yet? :rotfl2:

It depends on what type of view you want. As you can see by the pics posted above, if you stay at CR MK view, then you'll have a great view of not only the Castle, but a lot of MK park and surroundings, including parking lot, etc. If you want just the Castle and not the other parts of MK, then the Poly offers that. Both are great resorts but have very different themes. At CR, you'll have the excitement with MK being right next door within walking distance, the monorail running through CR -- it just screams disney. In contrast to that, at the Poly it feels more laid back and tropical. Both are great in their own way.

I've done both and for view the CR is better IMO.

That said if I was going to choose one of the two I prefer the Poly.
It is also has a more direct view of the castle.

Also at the Poly if you book any room you can always go sit on the beach and watch the fireworks.
Sounds like you want to book a room with a view, but it is an option.
Not sure there is really any good places to watch the fireworks (that won't be jammed) at the CR if you do not book a MK view room.

I would also like to add that though the best/closest view to MK is clearly at CP and BLT, the OP may have more fun watching the castle from further away but lying in a hammock with a dole whip at the poly. Tropical paradise goes a long way for me:goodvibes People comef rom all over to watch Wishes from the Poly beach so it's clearly a good option as well

The Contemporary because it's the only Monorail Resort to offer a full view of the whole Magic Kingdom.

Personally I don't think you can say what the Polynesian and Grand Floridian have are Magic Kingdom Views because it will just be a view of Cinderella's Castle or Space Mountain. In my opinion a Magic Kingdom View should be of the whole park and not one specifc attraction from there.

i've stayed in all 3 monorail connected resorts. the contemporary has the closest view of course but the castle is off center but you can't beat watching the fireworks that close. we've watched them from our room on the 14th floor mk view side and after eating at the cali grill and it's something i'm glad i did. it's also the only resort you can see a lot of the park. gf and poly are pretty equal. you basically see the castle at a distance but you don't really see the park. with that said i like the gf and poly better than the contemporary for all other reasons that you'd pick a resort for...like theme etc... the contemporary just seemed like to much of a regular hotel room for me.

the pictures were enlarged. your view is quiet that good.

BLT - it is the newest. You can get a 1-bedroom villa - so you can eat and drink while you watch the fireworks....

or even worst take a bath....:rotfl: the whirlpool tub is set to view the fireworks....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter