Which Longhouse at Poly when booking garden view?

Frito

Mouseketeer
We just booked for Nov. 2008 :goodvibes ...we booked garden view, and with it being our first time at the Poly, was wondering if there were any recommendations of longhouses to request that aren't too far from the Great Ceremonial House or the pools.

Thanks in advance!

There will be many different answers to this, but we stayed in Fiji and found it to be very close to the GCH and the pool. It is a garden view but the view is either of the marina-pool area and beach and also the Contemporary Resort and monorail; or the beach and Grand Floridian and monorail. It is very quiet and the 3rd floor has a balcony. We could also see the electric light parade on the lake from our room facing the marina. I have some beautiful view pictures but I don't know how to post them. :confused3

Tokelau! :thumbsup2 Huge room, nice garden views, great location (central to the GCH, pools, beach and TTC).

I loved the Poly! :lovestruc

You might try Somoa. We stayed there on our trip. It is between the two pools. We had a view of the quiet pool. The Main building was a short walk.
It was wonderful!

In Aug. we stayed in a garden view in Tokelau and loved it. We had requested 3rd floor and got it. We were on the side away from the quiet pool, facing the TTC. Right out the door was the quiet pool, the walk to the GCH was about a minute, and the walk to the TTC was, maybe 7 or 8 minutes. We were 1 building away from the volcano pool (which was usually too crowded for our liking). Check out Tikimans site for a great map of the whole complex. Good luck and have fun !!

I would highly recommend that you check out Tikiman's sight (sorry, I'm not allowed to post the link....just google tikiman polynesian). He reviews each Longhouse and has pictures. I think no matter where you stay, you are going to fall in love with the Poly...it's fantastic! Can you tell I like the Poly??

"Not too far" is very subjective! What seemed a very short walk for me was a VERY LOOOONG walk for my mother-in-law on her prosthetic knees! Walking at a healthy pace, nothing is more than 5 minutes from the GCH and pools. You can find ways to cut through buildings if it's raining, too!

Tahiti and Rapa Nui are furthest from the GCH and pools but have the advantage of being closest to the TTC. Aotearoa is furthest from the TTC. Every building has its advantages. The great thing about Tokelau is its larger room size AND central location.

We found Rarotonga perfectly located between the GCH and the bus stop. Our garden view was lovely, but nothing spectacular. There are prettier garden view on property, but IMO, no better location.

Here's a pic from our ground floor room looking toward the quiet pool. I prefer 3rd floor for views, but always request 1st floor as a 2nd choice.

0831_03.jpg

And looking slightly toward the left, you see Niue, Samoa and then Hawaii. The volcano pool is just on the other side of Samoa.

0831_04.jpg

I'm so proud of me for finally learning how to post pics! Yeah, me!:banana:

We have stayed in Tokelau, Hawaii, Samoa, and Tahiti and my absolute favorite was Samoa!! We had a first floor room facing the volcano pool and could just walk right out the sliding glass door to the pool deck. Very close to the GCH and the boat dock.

Tokelau. It's one of the newer longhouses so the rooms are bigger and there are 2nd floor balconies.

Rapa Nui - ground floor. Love it! The garden area is beautiful (looking towards Tahiti longhouse), and you have very little foot traffic walking by. Very quiet and you can get to beach (to watch the fireworks) really quickly. There is is noting like waking up to a duck family waddling by your room. You can get to ferry or TTC in under 5 minutes. Great when you are coming back from a *long* day at the park. GCH and volcano pool are under 5 minutes away as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter