Which is better the Sliver package or Gold package?

ssatterly

DIS Veteran
I am hoping to go and either get the Sliver or old package, for a famliy of 4. 2 adluts and and a 6 y/o girl and 10 y/o boy.

Tell me what you think!

A lot depends on how long you are going for and if you will have time to use all of the extra's.

If you are looking for all of your meals, all of the tours, golf, boating etc. and don't want to worry about paying for extra's once your there, then the gold plan is for you.

However, using the silver plan, with 2 wishes a day, you can eat well, do some great tours, get preferred viewing locations for parades, rent watercraft, play golf and will some money.

We are using the silver plan in Dec. for 6 days and feel that it is going to work the best for us. We will use most of the wishes on better meals and the KTTK tour.

Just throwing this info out for you.....

My sister-in-law did the Gold plan this past January for her family of 4. I tried to talk her out of it, but she insisted she wanted "everything taken care of" all at once. They were there for 7 days and signed up for all the extra "stuff", ie: tours, watermice, horseback riding, etc., etc. When they returned, they were absolutely exhausted from all the running around, and she even said they didn't get to spend as much time in the parks as they wanted because she had wanted to get her $$'s worth of all the extra activities. She also said they just were not able to eat all the meals that came with the plan and ended up leaving 5 unused.

You just need to figure out what is going to be best for your family. Even though I don't like packages, and have never booked one, I think the Silver plan is at least more reasonable in terms of flexibility. I think SIL payed about $135 extra per adult per day for her Gold Plan. That's a lot of $$ to leave on the table if you don't use all the extra's.

we are going for 7 days and I just want to make sure that everyone gets enough to eat. We LOVE to eat . and just don't want to waste spending cash on Food if we do not need to.:hyper:

I would suggest the silver plan--- on the gold plan 3 meals is just too much food in a day--after each meal its only a couple hours til its time to eat again(nothing like feeling like a heffer on your vacation) With the silver sometimes even 2 meals is too much! We love to eat but i don't want to waddle down main street

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter