Which is better: Halloween or Christmas cruise?

Which holiday cruise do you prefer more?

• Total voters

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
I have been on the Very Merrytime cruise twice and I will be going on my first Halloween cruise in a few weeks. I am wondering which cruise people enjoy more? I guess it also depends on what your personal holiday preferences are too, because personally I love Halloween. But just based on the activities and experiences that make it a Halloween or a Christmas cruise, which one do you all prefer more?

We love cruising during Christmas vacation. The ships and Castaway Cay are beautifully decorated for Christmas, and people on cruises tend to be in a festive spirit, so that fits the holiday well. The weather has always been great for us at that time of year, too.

Halloween cruises sail during hurricane season, so keep that in mind.

Christmas cruises are so expensive! And some people prefer to be home around their own tree and fireplace. As mentioned above, Halloween cruises happen during hurricane season. The storms don't happen very often, but Sandy affected our cruise. So I'll never say never.

Does your neighborhood go "all out" for Halloween? Some people want to trick-or-treat in their home town, but that wouldn't stop me from taking a Halloween cruise a few days before for the best of both worlds, but again there's that risk of a pesky hurricane.

In other words, the choice is so subjective. Given my "druthers" I'd cruise during the celebrations, but would just as soon be home on the actual holidays.

Another vote for both holidays.

I am torn. I love Halloween more, but there are so many Christmas related activities and shows, I might prefer Christmas at sea.

We were looking at the first Merrytime or one of the Halloween cruises. Both were pretty much the same cost (Merrytime is more closer to Christmas, but start of november the prices are great). Being closer to the end of the Hurricane season was a plus for Merrytime. I also thought my kids might be scared of some of the stuff on the Halloween (I know so many people love Night Before Christmas, my DH included, but my kids and I both find it disturbing and wonder why Disney keeps featuring it so much when something like the Hocus Pocus witches are so much less scary). Plus, now that I am in Merrytime, I am really excited. I am doing ornament exchange groups which I am really looking forward too. And my kids won't stop talking about how much they can't wait to see "snow" on Castaway Cay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter