which is better deluxe w/verandah or oceanview

I've never sailed with a balcony, and I may never. I've had a category 12 and a category 9. And to be quite honest, after the novelty of having a window wore off, I didn't really even find that having it was all that important! It was good for knowing what the weather was like. But I didn't really need it.

I'd say with a small child who naps, then it might be worth it to spring for a balcony or a window.

But this is the way I look at it. For us, it's usually an issue of frugality. And we'd rather be on the ship in a category 12 than not on the ship at all. And we literally were in our room only when we slept. There is so much to do and see that you really don't have to be in your room very often. Even when I felt like I just needed to rest, I found a quiet spot on deck to nap instead of going back to the room!

It's all a matter of personal preference, but those are my views on the subject!! ;)

Yes, so in this deluxe room with verandah it will be me (27 yo female, my 8 yo daughter, and my 78 yo nana)...I know we might not be in the room that much but at least my grandmother will have some privacy to look out if she doesn't want to hang out with me and my daughter right?

Is your Nana planning to go ashore in Nassau? If so, skip the verandah. You will not be in the room enough to enjoy it. If not, she may enjoy it to relax in peace during the day.

We are on a 7-day, and opted to spend the extra $$ for the verandah. My DH is very grumpy when it comes to crowds. I figured it was worth the extra money to give him somewhere to escape to! My kids are 5 and 10. They are excited to have it for whale and dolphin watching. (I hope we can see some!) We also plan to use it for room service breakfast... enjoy the quiet and the fresh air.

Well this is how I see it...I will be nice...My daughter is a hanger...meaning no more naps unless Mommy is beat and she has no option but to nap b/c I am taking one. With my nana her knees aren't the sturdiest but in case she might want to rest in the room while me and my daughter go check out a movie (National Treasure 2 or College Road Trip)...last time I took Nana to the movies at DownTown Disney I looked over and she was knocked out...LOL :rotfl: so while I can run and chase after my daughter Nana can be in the room or on the Balcony. When we Port back into Cape Canaveral (2/15/09)we are then staying at the Westgate Town Center until the 2/18/09 (visiting Epcot) so i can use the money but we go to Disney 2-3 times a year anways...so i think the money balances out being that my daughter has everything from Disney already.

Any suggestions and do I make sense?:confused:

It sounds like the money isn't a problem (especially if you go to Disney 2-3 times a year ;)), so go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter