Which is better, Bush Gardens or Cypress Gardens for a 5 and 2.5 year old?

rdevine10

All our dreams can come true, if we have the coura
We are going down in May and planned this as a SeaWorld vacation. We were going to do the Pirate and Princess Party at Disney, but, the one announced date is the night before we leave and we have an early flight.... so Im really bummed, but think we are going to skip it.

We are planning on doing 2 days at SeaWorld, see the Orlando Science Musueum, go over to Clearwater for a day (beach and to visit family), and wanted to add 1 more "park".

Right now Im trying to decide between Cypress Gardens and Busch Gardens. Given the age of my kids, which would you pick and why? Hoping this will help make the decision easier!

(Also, I considered waterparks, but my kids arent really into them, and Universal is more that I was looking to spend for 1 more day, and I dont think its really worth it for thier ages).

Any imput would be appreicated!

Thanks! I prevoiusly looked at the websites and was torn. On one hand, it seems Cypress Gardens might have more rides for them, but on the other, my kids LOVE animals!

It was hard to tell on the Busch Gardens website what rides they had for little kids... I know there was a whole area, but, it didnt give a lot of descrition as to what it was.

If any one else has any opinions.... please share!

I would do Busch Gardens for sure,I mean Cypress Gardens does have smaller coasters and some smaller rides but the truth is many of them are still probably more for kids around 10 or so and since your kids love animals Busch Gardens wins hands down!!They have the Rhino Rally safari ride,the Edge of Africa and Myombe Reserve walk through with African animals,apes and Gorillas,they'll see birds at Lory landing and you can take the train or skyride to see the Serengeti with animals like Giraffes.The Land of the Dragons is a nice area for kids with smaller rides and attractions like slides and the 3 story treehouse.There's also shows like Katonga and the 4-D pirate movie.They are also opening this spring a new heavily themed section called Jungala with more up close animal interactions,multi story family play areas,some rides and live entertainment.Cypress Gardens has really nice gardens as well as their ski show and a small area with animals but aside from that their rides are basically stuff you'll mostly see at a local fair and with the amount of animals and other attractions Busch Gardens offers tells me you should do Busch Gardens.

Sorry but Busch Gardens isn't a theme park its more of a coaster park, and when traveling with kids at that age i'm not to sure that you'd want to visit a coasterpark. Never been to Cypress Gardens but it might be more kid friendly considering there is really only one ride in Busch Gardens dedicated to animals and thats Rhino Ralley ;)

Have fun whatever the decision may be!! :goodvibes

I would go with Busch Gardens - especially if you're already doing the 2 days at Sea World. You can get a pass that's good for 7-days to both parks for $90 per adult...that's what we just did.

Busch Gardens has a lot for kids - they have a whole section with a huge rope course/bouncy house and younger kids' rides - the aviary - the shows - the animals. I think your kids would enjoy it.

I've not been to Cypress Gardens since I was a kid (a looooong time ago) way before they added rides so I can't comment on that.

Thanks for the additional imput! We are heavily leaning towards Busch Gardens at this point for the following reasons:

Animals. I know there is the train ride and skyride. I think I read there were "trails" to walk on to see other animals and one or two other animal rides/viewings. The day doesnt have to be all about rides... seeing the animals is just as exciting to my kids.

The Land of the Dragons. I finally found some pictures of it online. Looks like my kids would have a grand time playing in it! Lots of rides, slides, etc.

And lastly, looks like my Mom could easily amuze the kids while DH and I might be able to sneak off and do a coaster or 2 (my Mom and Step Dad are coming with us).

I still want to go to Cypress Gardens at some point... but Mom and Step Dad are relocating to FL again, near Orlando, and I know we could do that easily on a trip to visit them (since its a lot closer to them and pretty cheap for tickets).

So, I think Busch Gardens wins. But, feel free to add any more opinions!

We are going in November with a then 10yo and a 3.5yo. We live 12 miles from Busch Garden Europe-Williamsburg and are season pass holders, if the Land of the Dragons in Tampa is anything like here, its perfects for the little ones. Both of my children love it here. My older child likes all the climbing and sliding and will even ride the kiddie rides with her brother. Also, there are kiddie rides scattered throughout the whole park.

I would pick BG over Cypress any day, besides Cypress' rides look way to ancient for me. :lmao:

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter