Which is a better deal and one more ??/

SweetPeasMom2

DIS Veteran
I've got 2 pins, one 40% off and the kids play free. Then there is also the 4/3 deal. Which comes out to a better deal?

Also, when I look up the 4/3 deal, it says 2 adults, 1 junior, and 1 child. What is a junior? My kids are 6 and 4 currently. If we go after the first of June, ds will be 7. DD won't turn 4 until end of June and we would go long before that.

Can't help you with which is the better deal. You would need to do the math to see which comes out better.
But a junior is what disney is calling kids between 10 and 18. There is no difference as to cost, they still are charged as adults for tickets and the dining plan, and maybe someday they are thinking about adding a new price range, but for now it is just a classification that is meaningless. My kids are juniors to disney on the confirmation letter, but adults on my bill from disney.

So does that mean we wouldn't qualify for these deals since it say based on 2 adults, 1 junior, and 1 child?

Look at it this way, with the 4/3 deal you are saving 43% off the cost of the room (3 free days ÷ 7 total days x 100%) PLUS about $9.50 per ticket (the difference between the cost of a 7-day MYW vs. a 4-day MYW pass). So, the 40% off the room rate would be less of a savings than the 4/3 deal.

As to the "Kids Stay, Play & Eat Free" offer, you need to do a little more math. Much of the value will depend on the number of children 9 & under in your party, as well as how many days you will be staying.
  • Since kids under the age of 18yo stay for free anyway, there's no real savings on the room. And You're going to pay the rack rate for that room.
  • For the tickets, your savings will increase with the number of days that you "Play". A 3-night/4-day stay will mean a savings of $196/child. If you're playing for 10 days, then you're saving $215/child. Compare that to what you would save on the room using the 40% PIN code or the 4/3 deal instead.
  • Then there's the free dining part of the offer. It's great if you planned to get the DDP anyway because you're saving $22/night for the kids' part of the DDP. If you weren't, then you need to decide whether it's worth spending $39.99/night per adult in order to save $10.99/night per child. In your case, you will need to decide if it is worth spending $80/night to feed your family of 4.
In other words, run the numbers. You might want to get quotes from a TA for all 3 deals and figure out which one works out best for you. That way you won't have to be a math nerd like me :upsidedow to sort thru it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter