• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Hotels Are Located Directly Across From Downtown Disney

twinx4

DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE...WHEN YOU WISH UPON A
After several long years my aunt and her family will be visiting DW in about 3 weeks. Because of the last minute decision to go they are unable to stay onsite at any of the all star locations.

I remember that there are hotels directly across from downtown disney, but I don't remember the names. Can anyone tell me the names of the resorts across the street, it was two in particular that was located across from the Disney Shuttle bus area. I would see people utilizing the walk way.

For those who have stayed at these sites how was your experience?

Thank you everyone, greatly appreciated :sunny:

If you're looking for right outside the DTD hotel area. Then I know the Sheraton Safari is right there are well as the DoubleTree (w/ the big pineapple). There were some others but they didn't make an impression on me to remember them.

Directly Opposite are the Buena Vista Palace / Hilton and Grosvenor. I have stayed at the BP 5 times!! - I love it - 5 mins from room (top of tower) and I am in the heart of DTD!!!. However, just as a note of caution - The BP are in the throws of a major refurbishment of all rooms and this may affect your enjoyment of the hotel - if you decide to look further at this hotel I suggest that you call them direct to see exactly what is going on!

They all have shuttle buses that go to all the parks. Last time I went (because I would never guarnatee things do not change) - BP was the forst pick up and first drop off on bus.

I love the area - close to Disney, yet also close to crossroads and all the other restaurants (I do not drive).

Enjoy!!

We do NOT want to rent a car and I was thinking that there may be a location walking distance to the Downtown Disney buses. My husband wants to stay onsite so we have the convenience of coming and going as we please and not being trapped because of only having one car. I think onsite is expensive and would love an offsite option where we can use the shuttles. Any recomendations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter