Which Hotel ?

aoifesmom

Mouseketeer
Hi

Newbie here, have never been to DLP, although having read all of your great travel logs feel like I have :sunny:
Only decide this weekend to go to DLP next year and have been busily searching the internet for the best way to travel and where to stay. We have a 3 year old daughter so are mainly going for her benefit, altough I'm sure we will all love it. She is mainly into the Disney Princesses, is there much evidence of them in the park, or is it more Mickey Mouse etc?
We have decided to either drive or go by Eurostar, although the dates we are thinking of in March the Eurostar has no cheap seats left so will probably drive. The official site says 3-3.5 hours, is this about right?
Main query is hotels and busy times. I was initially thinking of 6/3/06 as can get 3 nights for 2 at disney hotels and either Cheyenne, Sequia Lodge or Newport Bay. The cheapest is Cheyenne, Newport Bay the most expensive, although only a £100 more,on Admiral's floor,is it worth the £100? I have read various reviews of all three and they range from not very good, dirty, shabby etc to very good!! very confusing. Also if we stayed in the Sequia Lodge, is it worth paying extra for the Montana room? Or Newport Bay is it worth paying extra for the Admiral's floor? Also wondering if it will be really busy at this time as Disney has the 3 for 2 offer. Alternatively was thinking of going around 20th March.no 3 for 2 so would it be quieter and staying in the Holiday Inn, as too expensive to stay at Disney. Would like to be on site as could walk, but we would have the car to drive if shuttle busy etc.
Thanks if you have got this far and any advise would be appreciated

Jo

Hi Jo and welcome to the Disboard.
We have only every stayed at the Cheyenne on-site, but I'm sure your 3 year old would enjoy it.
If you prefer the convenience of being closer to the park then I'd go for Sequoia Lodge.
You should be safe with park crowds in March as schools are not our for Easter.

If you have any other questions best to start a new thread.
Have fun planning :)

Reid

Probably worth upgrading to a Montana room at Sequioa Lodge, so you're in the main building. Probably not worth upgrading to Admiral's Floor at the Newport Bay unless you want the option of room service.

I agree with Reid about booking at Sequoia Lodge. It's a lovely hotel, with a swimming pool and a nice 10 minute walk to the parks. It also seems to have been refurbished recently and I'm not sure if the Newport Bay has? The NB is now getting all the comments about run down and shabby that SL was getting a couple of years ago!

I think 3 for 2 means that it shouldn't be too busy (except at weekends). These are the offers they use to try to lure people in during the quiet times. The Easter holidays don't start in the UK or France until April.

Welcome to the DIS! :wave2:

Hi Aoifesmom,

I'd say it all depends on how you plan to spend your holiday.

We tend to have breakfast then leave the hotel for the parks opening time returning around 10pm and straight to bed, so really so long as it's a nice room to sleep in that's all were bothered about.

That said if you plan to spend some time in the hotel then I'd go for the SL, nice hotel plus you've got the pool (which I determined to use this year, never got around to it last year).

I'd agree with Bexx and go for a Montana Room, the other rooms are in 'lodges' so it can mean quite a walk in the morning, but other than that the rooms are exactly the same.

Last time we stayed in the Cheyenne (2003) it was starting to look a bit tatty and we had quite a few problems with the room which is why we've gone for the SL the last couple of years. That said if we go next year I may well go back there as my son will be 4 and I think he'd enjoy the themeing.

Never stayed in the NB, been in and looks nice.

Cheers

I think the "3 for 2", "4for 3" etc offers are on most of the time now. We took advantage of one when we went end of July which was the 1st week of the official summer season.

The Newport Bay was being refurbished when we went - well, the lobby, restaurants and bars were. I don't know if the rooms have been redecorated this year. Outside had a fresh lick of paint this summer also.

Hi All

Does anyone know if you can upgrade to a Montana room on arrival ?We've not booked one but it sounds worth the extra :confused3

Welcome to the Disboards Jo :)

Have you checked out our Hotel thread at the top of the board?

Me, I would go for a Montana Room at the SL :)

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I think we have decided to go for a Montana room at the Sequinna Lodge. Will have to drive as can't afford to pay the Eurostar prices, but should be o.k.

Getting excited already :Pinkbounc

Jo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter