• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which hotel to pick? Park Vue or HoJo or BW??

pjlla

DIS Veteran
I am looking to make a CANCELLABLE reservation for a Disneyland area hotel next July. Our trip is still very much up in the air, so I cannot do a Hotwire bid or anything, just in case. But as July will be a VERY BUSY time at DL, I figured I had better make my reservations now... just in case!

I have narrowed it down to three choices. I am basing my decision on #1. location (we would like to avoid a rental car and be walking distance to DL) and #2. price ( this needs to be a cheap trip!).

I've done some research and my three choices are...
the BW Park Place Inn.... I can currently get an online AAA price of $107/night/

or the Park Vue Inn... I can currently get for $72/night.

or the HoJo Anaheim... which I can currently get for $89/night.

Obviously I am leaning towards the Park Vue at $72/night. It is the cheapest and probably the closest... so it fits my two criteria.

Are there any major drawbacks to that hotel? Truly I only need it to be clean and honest. Anything else would be a bonus. Please let me know any experiences/opinions! THanks so much!!!...................P

edited to add: I just read a thread here about the Park Vue and it doesn't sound great! Yikes! I know everyone seems to like the HoJo.... but could it be considered walking distance? We could easily handle a 10 minute walk, as long as it was a safe area (traffic/people wise)...............P

The Park Vue is a small older two story motel (recently somwhat remodeled. In general it gets the weakes reviews of those who have stayed there. It does not compare to the Best Western Park Place Inn or the HoJo. It is possible that thnigs are better since they finished the renovation. Hojo for $89 would be a great choice. The walk to the parks is 3-4 minutes longer than from the BWPPI or the Park Vue.
The walk to the parks from the Park Vues and the BWPPI is about 4-7minutes. From Hojo it is 7-10 minutes.

We stayed at the Park Vue this year. I had a thread on it here, and was scared! Anyway, it wasn't at all bad, and the refrigerator in the room was nice. The free breakfast wasn't much, but you could get a banana and a juice, or a little danish.

We would probably stay there again. We were able to watch the fireworks from our balcony, and really enjoyed that.

My advice is go for HOJO.

I've been there several times and each visit has been great. It's an easy walk, 7-10 minutes at most, nice pools, large rooms, clean, have mini fridges in all rooms, nice convenience store with all kinds of snacks, pop, beer, milk, muffins, sunscreen, or whatever else you might need. What more can I say - It's a great place! ::yes::

Have a terrific time next July! :earsgirl:

IMO Hojo is by far the best value on the Harbor strip. It is extremely clean and well maintained, the whole hotel has been refurbished within the last 2 years.

HoJo is a "hotel" not a "motel", with internal corridors, entrances to rooms. Park Vue is a motel (external corridors) that appears to have gone downhill since I stayed there few years ago.

HoJo is 7 - 10 minutes walk to Disney, a few minutes (literally 3-4) farther than Park Vue.

HoJo has two great pool areas, a fantastic gift shop with lot's of food choices, souveniors, etc.. Great atmosphere, love the twinkle lights at night.

If you get a themepark view room in the tower you have a great view of the park and the fireworks. You can also see the fireworks from the main pool area.

I cannot recommend HoJo enough, since we discovered HoJo we never stay anywhere else.

Well... thanks to the info here, I have booked us at the HoJo Anaheim. Still not at all sure that this trip will work out, but if it does, we have hotel!! Thanks to all that offered help!.......P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter