Which hotel, Christmas Decorations, and how long of a walk

VbChristy

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip for myself, my DH and my new baby- he will be 5 months old in November. For the temperature, I would like to go earlier in November. But avoiding Food and Wine will be important if we stay in the Boardwalk area.

[I posted this on the family board as well, but some of you on this main board will know about the decorations, and have clear hotel opinions!:flower3:)

My questions- when do the Christmas decorations generally go up??? I would love to be there and see those...

How long does it take to Walk from each respective hotel to Epcot from Board Walk Inn, Yacht Club and Beach Club?

If you had a choice, would you stay at Wilderness Lodge, Board Walk Inn, Yacht Club and why? (Would have included BC, but the prices are just too high.) We have stayed at WL before, so the idea of staying elsewhere is appealing. But we also LOVED our time at WL. The prices are all coming in around the same-within a $200 of on another. We don't care if we are closer to Epcot or MK. Likely we will be getting AP's this year, so we will be going many times. Although we won't be staying on property all of the times...

Anything else I should know or consider?? THANK YOU!

Congrats on your new baby!

The food and wine festival this year ends Sunday, November 10th. We were at the Beach Club last year during the last weekend of the F&W and it wasn't all that busy (wasn't really quiet, but wasn't wall to wall people in the lobby either). The Christmas decorations were up at MK for the first MVMCP which was November 9th. The Osborne lights and Hollywood Studios Christmas tree were also up by November 9th. I believe the Jingle Jungle parade at AK also began that weekend, but we didn't go to AK. Epcot started to decorate for Christmas while we were there but the official start date for Holidays around the World inst until after Thanksgiving.

The Beach Club is the closest resort to Epcot. It usually takes us about 5 minutes to walk to the International Gateway. Depending on where you are staying at the Yacht or Boardwalk, I would say the maximum amount of time would be 10 minutes or so. We had a pool view room last year at Boardwalk Villas and it still only took us about 10 minutes to get to Epcot. You could also take the boat over to Epcot from the Yacht Club and Boardwalk.

None of the resorts were decorated either when we were there. I know they generally start decorating the resorts the week of Thanksgiving.
Personally, were big fans of the Yacht and Beach Club. We like the fact that we don't have to take buses to 3 out of 4 parks (we take the monorail from Epcot to MK), not to mention the decor of the area is beautiful.

Good luck choosing!

All of the Epcot resorts do some type of decorations for the holidays. The walk around Crescent Lake is 0.84 miles; if you include S/D, the walk is 1.14 miles.

Beach Club to Yacht Club is very short (0.1 miles, five minute walk at most for most people). The Beach Club to Boardwalk is about 0.36 miles so it might take a little more time (5-10 minutes).

Of the three resorts you mentioned, my favorite is the Boardwalk. I love the closeness to Epcot and DHS. The bus to MK isn't bad, but it's also fun to walk through Epcot to take the monorail (you'll need park hoppers to do this). The holiday display is also really cool (chocolate show piece).

For holiday theme, WL is a really good choice. It has a huge tree and lots of decorations. I felt like the decorations really complemented the hotel's theme and style.

You really can't go wrong at any of the places you're thinking of. :)

It might be easier to stay at BC than WL so you didn't have to take a bus/boat every time you wanted to go somewhere. With a 5 month old it might be nice to walk to Epcot and eat or take in the sights! Can't you also walk to Hollywood Studios?

you can walk or take the boat to studios.

from bc to yc - completes depends upon what room you are in.

would go with bc - it is closest to Epcot and love the atmosphere. It also has elevators in good places.

yc does have a couple of elevators - but the ones at BC are helping you to get to EPcot faster.

BW only has its main elevators - with a young child unless you get the first floor (which is hard to get) - would go with another choice.

Several years ago, we went with DS1 when he was 6 months old...during Christmas to boot! We were at the Poly for a few days, and BC for almost a week. I can not speak to WL, as we did not stay there, but the BC was excellent with a baby. It was easy to push the stroller into Epcot for dinner...and we'd walk through the park to get to the monorail to get to MK. The walk to DS the one day we went was fine.

The Poly was great because we had easy access to MK and Epcot via the monorail at the resort and the easy walk to the TTC.

Riding a bus the few times we did it was awful. Granted, we were there at a very busy time of year. But if I were at the Dis with an infant again, I would select a resort with easy access to more than one park...and in your case, I think the BC/YC or BWI is a very good option...just look at the decor and see which appeals to you the most.

Thanks for all the great information! We will book at Yacht Club and I will stalk prices at the Beach Club to see if they come down (and more standard rooms open up.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter